We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Winter Palace

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cirencester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Old Winter Palace

I am planning a trip, for approximately a month, to Egypt and will spend most of my time based in Luxor. I should like to start with a little relaxation and luxury at The Old Winter Palace. I shall also be taking a Nile Cruise and then will most likely stay in one of the Nile side hotels.

I think I would like a garden facing room at the Old Winter Palace. I will probably be requiring a twin room or 2 rooms next to each other as I hope my niece will be with me. Are there rooms that I should ask for or avoid?

I would appreciate any up to date information that may be helpful, thank you.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Winter Palace

There are garden view rooms in the Winter Palace on all floors ie even on the Reception level. I think these and the lower ground floor rooms are best avoided.

If you are not satisfied with the room you are allocated, then say so and they will move you. I wish I had done this straight away when I stayed there.

The garden view rooms that I saw were huge and very pleasant so sharing would not be uncomfortable.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Winter Palace

Hello and welcome to the Luxor forum

You could also consider rooms in the Winter Palace Pavilion, which all have large balconies and garden facing rooms, and which are cheaper. I don't think that all the garden facing Old Winter Palace Hotel rooms have balconies (which of course may or may not be important to you).

If you look through my photo albums via this link

http://community.webshots.com/user/marlscat

You'll come across one dedicated to the Winter Palace Hotel and Pavilion, which includes photos of the Pavilion rooms and the gardens and pool area.

I can also confirm that you can ask to be allocated adjoining rooms in the Pavilion.

Enjoy your time in Egypt :o)

lancashire
Level Contributor
66 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Winter Palace

Hi,

Go for the Old Winter Palace everytime rather than the Pavillion. You may share the facilities whichever part you stay in but I've stayed in both and would never stay at the Pavillion again. You do get what you pay for.

Enjoy.

UK
Level Contributor
810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Winter Palace

I dislike the rooms and Nile views at The Old Winter Palace but the public areas in The Pavillon are not great. Last time, we stayed at The Pavillon, we had a suite which had two huge balconies with spectacular views of The Nile and gardens. It was a happy compromise.

5. Re: Old Winter Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:41