We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Help !! Weve booked to go on the MS Serenade for a 7 day nile cruise can anyone advise us what its like as am really quite nervous now weve booked it ...thanxs in advance Jayne Grimsby x

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Check the Luxor Forum and the recent post by “rowz”. Assuming it's the same "MS Serenade", this ship has been a hot-button topic for some time now.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,659 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Here is the link: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k5…

3. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 18:05
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

That's an unfair remark. If the poster had a bad time they are perfectly entitled to post about it. You might not agree with it or consider it an exaggeration but unless you were on that boat at that time you can't comment as to the posts veracity.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Well we just returned from a nile cruise (16.05.12) on the MS Serenade and all i can say is wow wow wow After lots ov stressing beforehand i can honestly say we had a great time. On arrival the overall impression ov the ship wasnt up to much its a bit over-rated at being classed as a 5 * and it is a little old fashioned but the staff work tirelessley to keep it clean. On arrival we had a welcome meeting with our fab egyptologist Moussa (pronounced moses) we were then shown to our rooms which i must say were very spacious with en-suite the beds were very clean and comfatable. The staff were very polite and nothing was to much trouble the chefs were dressed in full attire and all the staff wore appropriate uniforms which were changed daily. The food although well presented was a little repetative fish,beef and chicken served at lunch and dinner in one form or another breakfast was continental with lots of chioce including omlette the puddings were amazing and nicely decorated. We booked our excursions beforehand but it was just as cheap to book on board £125pp for them all which i must say were worth every penny and with Moussa there to explain everything it really was like stepping back in time the only downside is of course the hagglers who seem to be everywhere and at one point my Husband became very stressed when we visited the valley of the kings he had at least 25 around him who wouldnt take no far an answer which really spoilt the experience. Onboard entertainment was good with a bellydancer and a whirling dervish and another night staff and holidaymakers dressed in Egyptian attire and ate kebebs and houmus On the last day my Husband contacted an Egyptian tummy prob due to overindulgence but once again the staff stepped up to the mark sending the onboard Dr up to him who gave him some pills to take which i must say worked almost instantly. Overall the cruise was amazing the staff excellent and the excursions a must so dont be put off like we were by some of the reviews just go and enjoy it like we did and see for yourselves the wonders ov Egypt

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

5* Egyptian usually means 3.5-4* international ratings and some of the boats do look their age.

Its great to hear that you had such a good time though.

Overindulgence is one of the main causes of upset tummy on holiday and its good to read you recognising that possibility rather than blaming it, as many do, on the food or the boat. There are many factors in illness on holiday and, unfortunately, quite often they are of our own making. I am just glad it didn't spoil your trip.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

I'm so releived to hear that I booked an then was really scared by the reviews! We go next week now maybe I can be excited instead of scared:)

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

I'm so releived to hear that I booked an then was really scared by the reviews! We go next week now maybe I can be excited instead of scared:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

In early April we had an outsanding time on a boat called "Farah",

Everything about it was 5 Star. We are so glad we chose the "Farah".

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nile Cruise MS Serenade

Sharonanmia honestly there was no one more stressed than me i was literally reading reviews until my eyes were sore lol Some ov the reviews written on here scared the life out of me and i literally had a suitcase full ov medication which thankfully wasnt needed. I was like u so unsure after booking and on arrival i thought "oh no" what have we done booking this but do what we did go with an open mind relax and enjoy yourself just be prepared to be hassled by the hagglers a firm NO thank-you worked for us but also remember that this is there living and having seen the way they live it really does make u realize what we have at home.Hope u booked the tours they are amazing especially the aswan market and the nubian village is a must these people were so welcoming and u cant possibly not go to Egypt without the camel ride tho i do warn u they are smelly and u will have a sore bottom they are not the comfiest form of transport lol Make sure u take plenty of english pound coins as this is mainly used to buy gifts and also for tipping also be prepared to tip at the end ov youre trip £10 pp for the crew and £10pp for the tour guide (egyptologist) have a great time Jayne x