We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxor eating out

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
131 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
luxor eating out

thinking of weeks holiday at sofitel karnak, luxor, not sure whether to go half board or b and b. are there plenty of places to eat out and are prices fairly cheap. or should we stick with half board in hotel.

any advice appreciate thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxor eating out

did mean to add not going till end oct beginning nov,

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxor eating out

Hotel buffets can get very boring, andcan be quite expensive for what you get.

Luxor has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from so I'd suggest just going B&B - even adding in taxi prices you'll enjoy better food at a similar price.

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxor eating out

Agreeing with DivaDarling above.

If you book Bed & Breakfast you are left with a choice.....

Eat in one of the hotel restaurants, probably for less than what your tour company will charge you to upgrade to half board.

or

Head out into Luxor, there is a wide range of restaurants with prices to suit every budget - for reviews please see - tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g294205-Luxor_…

Suzie :-)

uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: luxor eating out

for restaurants reviews please read - tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g294205-Luxor_…

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luxor eating out

I would definately go B&B. It gives you so much more flexibility in your arrangements and there is a wide choice of restuarants in Luxor all serving perfectly good food at very reasonable prices. Admittedly, most of those restaurants are at the other end of Luxor but a taxi ride is also cheap.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luxor eating out

BandB without a doubt , going full of half board does tend to trap ypu in the hotel abit. Its good fun moovhing around in the evenings looking for somewhere to eat

Essex
Level Contributor
131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luxor eating out

Thank you everyone for your replies, now which hotel, sofitel karnak or hilton, we do have 2 teenagers 15 and 17 boy and girl .This may be a hard one to answer and i have looked at reviews but still unsure thanks

England
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: luxor eating out

I would always go B&B as there are so many places to eat, each offering differing experiences.

The Sofitel is a way out of Luxor and will need taxi to get to and fro. with that in mind and two teenagers I would opt for a more central hotel.

Haven't stayed at either so can't say which one.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: luxor eating out

I'd also go B & B because there's now such a variety of places to eat in Luxor, from local to 'western' to 'fast food'. As others have said, a half board buffet can get very boring day after day.

As also suggested, it's best to read up on hotel and restaurant reviews to see what will suit your personal preferences.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: luxor eating out

If you have a look to the section on the right - Top Questions - you will see 'Maps' . The maps don't cover the northern area of Luxor that you plan to stay in, but will give a good idea of the basic layout of Luxor and where the other hotels, restaurants and sites are.