We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

We're staying at the Sofitel Karnak for 10 days from Friday 27th. There seems to be contradictory advice/information about the wifi access (cost etc). Anybody been recently who can confirm if it's free? If not, anyone know of free hotspots in town? (We really are not that geeky/sad/boring, but need to access the internet to keep an eye on flights etc - already had one cancelled by Egypt Air)

scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Free wifi in reception area using your own laptop or use hotel computer -not sure of cost though

Wirral
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Hi currently here, definate free in reception an if you have an iPhone I can iMessage free on phone hope this helps

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Free hotspot in town in McDonalds.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

I bought a mobinil SIM for EGP 15 and then subscribed to their EGP90 internet bundle which gives you 7GB.

I used my phone as a WiFi hotspot to access net on my laptop. The 3G speed averaged around 4mbps.

Birmingham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

How did you get on using the WiFi at the Sofitel Karnak?

Wirral
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Hi I didn't have a problem in reception and that was free

Birmingham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

How did you get on?

We are staying in a "run of the house room" next week and weondered if all was okay?

Also how is the WiFI?

Cairo
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

Hallo Mick D , They have a free WiFi in the reception area - Best regards

Barrow-In-Furness
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

I stayed in room 2101 at the softiel, situated right outside reception (but dont get the wrong idea, very quiet etc) I could stand on my balcony, get the free reception internet and It'd remain when I went to my room...it definately is free in the reception, though you can buy a different internet connection to have in rooms....

10. Re: Wifi internet access - Sofitel Karnak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 10:15