We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VOK And Photography

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
246 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
VOK And Photography

hi,

i have been reading through many posts on VOK and cameras.

from that reading its clear that no pics are allowed inside the tombs, although some have said that with a payoff they could have done so.

i'm wondering if anyone knows the latest on photography outside the VOK tombs?

thanks so much,

-a

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
327 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: VOK And Photography

Thanf you very much !

I hope, it ''ll be usefull ...

Brigitte.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: VOK And Photography

That maybe so but when was the site last updated? certainly doesnt show a counter of this. So that site could be some 12months old now

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: VOK And Photography

and for information, It was the British embassy in Cairo, Egypt not london I contacted

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: VOK And Photography

ThenNceCouple – For obvious reasons, there is no British Embassy in London.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 17:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: VOK And Photography

ThenHceCouple,

I am not sure which 'site' you are referring to, but unfortunately it does not alter the fact that despite what you may or may not have been told, by whichever embassy or institution, the situation at the present time is that ALL cameras and photography are banned within the Valley of the Kings.

That does not mean that you won't be able to sneak a camera in there, or even sneak a few photographs, but, if you are caught then you risk deletion and/or confiscation of your memory card and camera and a hefty fine.

Unfortunately, putting forward various arguments on here is not going to change that fact.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: VOK And Photography

I was in the VOK in early May and when going through the gate into the Valley was allowed to keep my camera but asked not to use it.

I must say I was very surprised to see that it was completely empty of visitors. There were more hawkers than visitors and it was quite eiary as the previouse year it was very very busy and there were queues outside the enterance to many tombs. When inside the tombs I was invited by the guards to take phots but felt uneasy and did not want to loose my expensive camera. If it is true that flash from cameras harms the paintings then I'm glad I didn't take any but I was tempted.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 19:58
Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: VOK And Photography

I will be over in Luxor soon, I think I will take some photos of the NO CAMERAS ALLOWED signs in the VOK (tongue firmly in cheek, eyebrows raised).

Edited: 16 September 2012, 20:14
28. Re: VOK And Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:17