We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nile cruises

portsmouth, england
Level Contributor
22 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
nile cruises

hi looking to go back to luxor next june , we want to do a nile cruise can anyone tell me which boats dock in luxor town and not outside , would appreciate if anyone could answer my question . thank you .

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nile cruises

Loads and loads of boats moor along the Corniche in Luxor itself.

Popular with English people seem to be the 'Magic' boats from Flash Tours and the Travco/Jaz boats which Thomson and the like use. The latter ones are usually very nice, I've sailed on several of them. But I had occasion, a year or two ago, to be regularly involved with Cosmos passengers from the Flash boats, and they were always very happy with them too.

To a great extent, it will depend on which vessels are operating at the time, who knows whether tourism will pick up by then to warrant more of them sailing?

Good luck,

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nile cruises

In March of this year we did a Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan. Our boat was the MS Dolphin. It was very nice and the food was good. The staff was very nice. We upgraded to a suite which gave us more room. There are only two suites on the boat. I don't know if there are more luxurious boats, but the MS Dolphin was certainly adequate for our needs.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nile cruises

The Ra 1 and 2 have their own private dock in Luxor.

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nile cruises

Discover Egypt Boats - the Viking Princess and Royal Viking now have their own dock which is just out of Luxor close to the bridge.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nile cruises

Most of the boats moor up alongside the Corniche. If you want a really special boat the Jaz Regency is superb!! You can book this through Thomson.

6. Re: nile cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:17