We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis in Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Tennis in Luxor

We are looking forward to visiting Luxor and we hope to play tennis with our family members during our stay. We hear that there are courts at the Maritim Jolie Ville but we do not wish to stay there. Any suggestions, please

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennis in Luxor

Believe I saw a court at the Sheraton and checked out their web site to confirm it.

Worth looking at the Sheraton web site they have a new video which is very good.

Also the Nile Palace has a court on the roof.

Although both hotels advertise they have courts, I would think they are little used, so I do not know what condition they are in.

Phil

Edited: 13 October 2012, 07:31
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennis in Luxor

The Winter Palace and Pavilion Winter have tennis courts (the hotels share the grounds and facilities).

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,093 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennis in Luxor

Must confess, in all my stays at the Pavillon, I have never seen the courts in use.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennis in Luxor

Don't think I've ever seen them in use either - have seen loads of people playing table tennis though. Can't quite remember however if they still had the tables last year.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennis in Luxor

Sofitel in Karnak have tennis courts but only for guest use, you can pay to use the Movenpick courts if you are not resident.

R

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tennis in Luxor

.>>>> Must confess, in all my stays at the Pavillon, I have never seen the courts in use.<<<<<

I have, once , and not for long. Had to admire the determination!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,170 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tennis in Luxor

If the courts are not lit, you will not be able to play after sunset about 5. If you are going in winter you will be able to play during the day but otherwise remember temps are up to 50 oC and people go sightseeing at dawn for this reason.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tennis in Luxor

< 'If you are going in winter you will be able to play during the day but otherwise remember temps are up to 50 oC' >

Surely you meant that temperatures are 'up to 50 degrees C' in the SUMMER verity1 ??? because daytime temperatures are nowhere near that in winter, when it is more likely to be in the 20's !

Or like some swimming pools, are the tennis courts 'heated' ? LoL !

Cairo
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tennis in Luxor

Dear H20B0W , Sofitel Al Karnak resort has a tennis court

10. Re: Tennis in Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:17