We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MS Magic 1

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Truro, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MS Magic 1

Hi have booked on MS Magic 1 cruise with my husband for one week on 19/11/12 on an all inclusive basis.Has anybody recentley returned?

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MS Magic 1

I did this holiday a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. the staff are really nice and helpful.

Enjoy

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MS Magic 1

A few years ago is hardly recent...lol.

The first reply here :- tripadvisor.co.uk/…44969801

Seems to have heard good things.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MS Magic 1

We were on it in March.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MS Magic 1

Hi my husband and i have just returned from a week on the Ms Magic 1 and have only two complaints,both of which are worth noting. We were docked for 2nights in Aswan and 3 nights at the end of the week in Luxor. when u consider this is a weeks cruise, most of it we were stationary which we found very disappointing. Also,whist being docked, other boats were moored alongside us so that if you open your curtains hoping for a Nile view,all you actually see is the side of the boat next to you. On the occasions we were sailing you cant open any of the windows in the cabin anyway as theyre all sealed,so the room was quite claustrophobic. Other than these grumbles everything else was perfect ie food,pools,bars,service etc. if i personally did another cruise(the Magic was my 1st),i would make sure when i booked it that the ship was actually cruising alot more !!!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MS Magic 1

Pippa,

Sounds familure, did you not research before you left? I assume you had access to an itinery before you sailed? In all the companies i have travelled with they go to great lengths to advise you of certain things, being docked next to other boats is normally one of them. Im afraid most standard cruises have very similure sail/dock times. Luxor/Aswan can be travelled in two days by boat so a certain amount of extending mooring is inevitable.

Your post highlights the need to do some research before you go!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MS Magic 1

As stated by Julian C, if you are hoping to find a Nile cruise with 'more sailing' then I am afraid you will be out of luck, because the itineraries of most (if not all) 7 night Nile cruises are virtually identical, with 'time killed' by being moored up predominantely in either Luxor or Aswan.

The boats could, in the 7 night time frame they have, actually sail from Luxor to Aswan and back (or the other way around) TWICE if they wanted to, so I would agree, it is fairly misleading, as a '7 night cruise' is in reality a 3 or 4 day cruise spread over 7 nights.

Manchester, England
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MS Magic 1

Hi, My husband and I are going on the Magic 1 Nile Cruise on 24th December 2012 and I could do with some advise on the dress code for Dinner on Christmas Day..... and also an update on the weather .....

cornwall
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MS Magic 1

We stayed on board from17th to 24th December and we had a thoroughly good time, the staff were great and food really nice, I personally didn't like the fact that the rep tells you what you have to pay in tips directly to them £60.00 per couple as I would have liked to tip how I thought ! But never the less it was still a great week. Our tour guide Sherrie was the best ever and she made it all very interesting with a wicked sense of humour. It was up early most trips about 6am but at least we were at all the temples before the rest of the tourists arrived and then back to the boat for afternoon of sunbathing. On the downside you are continually pestered by sellers who just don't leave you alone, even when you pull into the lock they are throwing goods onto the boat for you to buy, but in all it was still good fun.if like us you are thinking of going to marsa alam afterwards this is a 5 1/2 hrs trip across the desert and quite hard going,. This was a nice holiday and of course weather was good but you definitely need a jumper for trips and nighttime. Karnak temple was brilliant and even though some paid extra to go to Abu simbel 195.00 each they said they preferred Karnak so think about it, luxor temple was impressive also,, all in all we had a great time and met some really nice people. The second week you need on the beach just for a rest, but it was just a lovely holiday

9. Re: MS Magic 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 06:17