We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vodafone Luxor

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Vodafone Luxor

For those who have an iPhone this may be of some use.

I wanted calls and Internet on my phone as I'm travelling around Egypt. I went to the shop in Television St, luckily with a very kind taxi driver.

I had to wait over twenty mins, you. Have to get a ticket from a machine then wait for the number to be called. It then took another twenty mins for them to sort it out. I was told it would activate in thirty mins so l left. I needed Internet as I was off to Cairo the next day.

Well the phone said 3G so I when I got back to the hotel I checked it but it said I wasn't subscribed to a data package!

I couldn't do anything about it then but I was very unhappy with Vodafone

As soon as I could I went back to the shop, with the same driver, who again was very helpful. They checked the phone and said the internet was working because they saw the TA page I had accessed though wi fi. When I said that no, it wasn't, I was told to calm down!! Apparently your not supposed to challenge them!

Then they realised I was right and spent another thirty mins trying to sort it out. They then said I had to go to another shop to have it 'updated' there was no one there and we were told to come back in an hour so I went off to the Sunshine orphanage with my things and returned later. This time I was told that if they updated it I would lose all my data! I declined.

We went back to the Vodafone shop, where I could have gone nuts with them but didn't. They eventually just refunded the Internet as calls.

By this time I was utterly fed up with them and went back to the hotel. This morning I've checked my settings to find they hadn't switched on data roaming!

So, my warnings are, it's not a simple process, it takes ages so be prepared, check the settings before you leave the shop and don't believe that they know what they're doing. Oh, and if you're female then be prepared for the patronising remarks.

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vodafone Luxor

Sorry to hear you had trouble with Vodafone, Rowz. I've been in four different Egyptian Vodafone shops and always found them friendly and helpful.

I don't understand why they would have to switch on data roaming if you were buying an Egyptian SIM though ?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vodafone Luxor

The ticket you get in the shop is in Arabic plus the ticket number to tell you when it is your turn is in Arabic, So I just sat there like a dummy until someone shouted at me. And yes, even to buy a normal sim can take a long time as you have to take your passport and forms to fill in.

Phil

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vodafone Luxor

It has never taken me more than a couple of minutes to put credit onto, get a sim, or do anything else with my phone in the Vodaphone shop.

The answer - ask the 'very helpful driver' (everybody has one) to go in and do it for you, that's what I do.

No passport needed, no forms to fill in, no confusion with Arabic text or numbers on tickets, no patronising remarks and he will likely be in and out, job done, in a couple of minutes with no problems at all.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vodafone Luxor

I have no idea why it caused such a problem but next year I will possibly try again.

I mentioned the data roaming because I thought it would have an affect. If its not switched in at home I can't access the Internet there so it would also apply here.

Oh, and my comments about the helpful driver were genuine. He didn't need to do what he did and refused extra for the help he gave me. It was very refreshing!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vodafone Luxor

No one I believe, least of all me, has suggested that comments about a 'helpful driver' were not genuine, so I do not understand that remark.

Most regular visitors to Luxor have at least one or two drivers that they use, or can at least tell the difference between a 'genuinely' helpful driver and one that is just 'on the make'.

So, my suggestion was, in order to cut out some, if not all of the problems mentioned in the various posts above, is to ask the helpful driver to do it for you, as he will not come up against any of the aforementioned 'hurdles' and the task will be successfully completed in no time at all.

Always works for me.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vodafone Luxor

When I first visited Luxor our travel company used to supply me with a sim, but then they refused to get one as they said that there had been problems with Egyptians miss using the holiday Sims and you had to produce a passport to get one. So I started walking to TV street and I must admit after a long flight I used to enjoy the walk through the back streets. Only once have I had to wait but each time I have had to show my passport and they would fill in a form. But about 2 years ago I bought an Egyptian sim instead of a holiday sim and have used that ever since and just top up with scratch card. So since the revolution thinks might have changed and reverted back to the old system as KV has said.

Phil

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vodafone Luxor

Hi Phil,

I have no idea whether or not the phone shops have reverted back to the 'old system' and would infact doubt whether that probably is the case, but it does seem to be the case that 'nationals' (Egyptians) are served more promptly and with less complications (form filling, passports, communication difficulties, etc) than even the most 'savy' of visitors, (more especially perhaps foreign lone female visitors) hence my suggestion to make it all a little easier perhaps.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vodafone Luxor

Phil900, I'm astonished that you don't yet know your Arabic numerals, get your finger out! Mind you, when I used to regularly have to go the Vodafone shop, they always gave me a ticket with western numbers on it. The queue length depended on the time of day I attended.

I changed my USB modem from Vodafone to Etisalat simply because I got sick of the constant lies told to me by the staff at the Vodafone shop on TV Street.The straw which eventually broke the camel's back, was that instead of just admitting the truth that their Internet signal was actually utter rubbish (at that particular time) they had me spend almost two full days at the shop with my laptop and one of their men. After extensive investigations which entailed phone calls to Cairo and all sorts, the man took me to a local computer shop, where I was informed that my Windows was infected (or something like that) and that they would install a copy of Windows which would correct the problem.

Thankfully, I declined their offer, as when I replaced the Vodafone dongle with one from Etisalat; it worked perfectly!

Mind you, the Internet signal from any of the mobile phone operators is very irregular, although I never actually lose it (like friends who have a land-line connection) it can sometimes be v-e-r-y s-l-o-w!

Good luck, you'll certainly need it if you want a good, reliable connection.

Edward.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vodafone Luxor

With regards to queueing, I have to admit that the system always seemed to work properly during the scores of times that I have been there. There used to be (maybe still is, as I haven't been in for at least a year) two different sets of numbers. One set was for the plebs, both foreign and Egyptian, and the other set was for the 'high volume users' who got 'queue jumping' tickets, and were therefore seen to before anyone else.

As for getting an Egyptian do the business for you, I wouldn't recommend it myself, the reason being that often the phone menu and instructions etc will end up being set up in Arabic, and the devil's own job to get changed back so that you can understand it. Also, the account will be in the Egyptian's name, where a dishonest person could easily transfer balance to another number.

Just a thought or two,

Edward.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vodafone Luxor

I wouldn't recommend getting just 'any Egyptian' to do anything more than the most basic stuff for you either and anything more than that should obviously ONLY be done thru someone you can trust (i.e. an Egyptian friend who will lend you THEIR sim or dongle whilst you are there) and who you have some sort of 'comeback' with (there are a few Egyptians that CAN be trusted).

If that is not the case, then struggle on and try to do it yourself, or for the sake of a week or 2 without the internet, don't bother at all, as 'internet deprivation' isn't fatal as far as I am aware, or not after only a fortnight or so anyway, LoL !

Get answers to your questions about Luxor