We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ms elite enter at your own risk

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
ms elite enter at your own risk

We have just returned from our 2 week holiday holiday,a week at Titanic beachaqua and spa park,the a week on the Nile on the MS ELITE,what a filthy dirty boat,our bathroom flooded twice fter the flush would not stop flushing,we informed the reception,and they said they would send someone straight away,our mattress cover was filthy and stained the sheets were rough and grey (dirty),I am 100% positive we had bedbugs :(...there was nothing clean at all about the cabins,our air conditioner did not work very well,and the room was like a oven.to me,it looks like the reception area,loungebar/restaurant has been refurbished and nothing done with the cabins you get a false impression when you board the ship,it is supposed to be a luxury cruise,no way,the staff are very ignorant,the chef cannot cook,apparantly it is a German owned boat,so they catered for the Germans,who wants to eat bean stew,aubergines grilled or lentil stew for breakfast,my husband lost 5kg on this holiday,I lost 3 kg...I lived off rice and bread...it is a dirty unwelcome boat,so please,do not go on MS ELITE unless you dont mind sleeping on dirty bedding,or showering in a un hygenic bathroom,I have still got the bites over my body when I went on the bed

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

That all sounds terribly depressing. Sorry to hear you had such a time.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

If you did have Bed Bugs you could have very probably transported them home with you..Check your luggage and cases prefably outside .

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

" ... who wants to eat bean stew,aubergines grilled or lentil stew for breakfast ..."

Your description of the breakfast describes Foule which is traditional Egyptian breakfast. This is not a western breakfast and we have trouble adapting to it. Thanks for the feedback & I will make sure that this ship is crossed off my list. I am also sorry that you had a less than memorable experience.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

Hi gillmart

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. I think you are are seasoned Nile Cruiser, like me and, can't understand at all why you experienced and, seem to have put up with your week of misery? There will have been a tour rep on your boat, what did they do? And on a positive note, surely you met up with fellow guests and, had a laugh?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

Stileto, We are all different, personally, ive always had a good time with the people on board, ive always had nice or very nice boats as well.

But if i had the experiance of the op, im afraid the fact that the people on board were nice would not compensate me enough.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

Hi Julian

I agree with you, unfortunately my post has been cut/edited, for some reason - so it just looks as if I almost blame the poster for her very nasty experience, which is not at all the case. My end query re fellow passengers was meant to be a little light touch, in the hope that she can in time see some good times in what was overall an appalling experience.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

We have been on Nile cruises 10 times,and the M S ELITE is the worse boat we have ever been on,the best boats we have been on in the past...are The Presidential Nile cruises...Da Vinci...Nile Ritz...Commadore,

8. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 23:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

I can not believe that you will delete my reply to this post of ms elite at your own risk. There was nothing objectionable to my reply to her posting. I was just trying to prove a point about travelling to another culture. And yet you continue to propagate this posting of ms elite enter at your own risk? I find her comment very racist about the Germans and you don't find anything wrong with it? Wow! Unbelievable!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ms elite enter at your own risk

At a guess I would say that there is a fair chance that the term 'Typical British snob', that you used in your post no.8 could have something to do with it being removed.