We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

the present restrictions are removed?

As regular readers will have seen, we have just come back (Mon 1st July) from a 28 day stay in, nominally, Luxor, but we had a couple of ‘side trips’ by road with a licensed company This gave us the help of the Tourist Police for navigation between the sites between Luxor & Cairo.

A quick précis of our travels is at …tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-079f-24ac-e6f6…

Thanks to Su at http://egyptsites.wordpress.com/ for many of the ideas as to where to go.

Photos of the places visited are at the usual place:- flickr.com/photos/…

Reviews etc. will follow, but the one thing we each did bring back was a stinker of a cold, so it might take a few weeks!

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Sorry to hear you are both under the weather you need to force liquids, preferably of the Scottish kind.

R

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Hmmm.......

Good Idea

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Just when I was thinking that it was a long time since anyone had posted a TripWow! Many thanks, I look forward to reading your reviews now that I have seen your pictures ...

ras2 has the right idea - hot toddies!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
965 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Nice pics, eLaReF.

Get well soon :-)

If you have come back with respiratory symptoms perhaps you should see a doc and let them know you were in Egypt long enough to have definately caught it there.

The Middle East Repiratory Illness, caused by a pretty noxious little virus is not to be messed with (its a relative of SARS..). Better to check it out and have it dismissed than assume its just a cold??

No assumption that Egypt is a hot bed of virulent illness, (in fact I think most cases are being reported from Qatar to Jordan, not as far West as Egypt..) but check it out just the sort of thing the travel medicos tell you to do if you have been overseas, or sharing air on international flights.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Been to the doc and did exactly what you say

Now on Anti-Biotics.

But I still like the hot toddie concept!

Edited: 08 July 2013, 07:28
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
965 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Now who suggested the hot toddies weren't part of the treatment ?? :-)

Its well known that all microbes, viruses included can't stand alcohol. Thats why its in the hand sanitiser.

Much better if applied internally in the form of a well aged example of a top distillery's finest work..

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

Looks like you had a busy trip!! I know how you feel as I have come back from Luxor with horrible cold viruses too!! Knowing you're a Scotsman and will possibly like a whisky toddy, if (like me) you don't like whisky, try a dark rum toddy with blackcurrant Beechams/LemSip and some honey!!

8. Re: Looking to plan your next tours in Egypt once...............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20