We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptair refunds.

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Egyptair refunds.

Today I decided enough was enough, and decided to cxl my forthcoming 3wk trip to Sharm/Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel.

I had an 8 sector multi-destination flight ticket with Egyptair. I discovered it almost impossible to cancel online, so paid a visit to their office in West London (Olympia). My ticket was a rich mix of different fare base flights, some fully refundable and amendable, others not. Some partially refundable...you get the picture. I told them I wanted to cancel the lot, expecting a partial refund and then claiming the rest on insurance. BUT NO..!!! Hats off to Egyptair, they offered a full refund of ALL monies paid, and offered their apologies (?) for the current crisis.

There's no question to ask here, I just thought I'd share this information on here for anyone else with upcoming Egyptair tickets.

Only slight setback, with the backlog, it'll take about 2 weeks to get back onto my account. But hey-ho...result.!!

New York
Level Contributor
130 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egyptair refunds.

I have had zero luck on getting a refund with the New York Office.

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egyptair refunds.

Sorry to hear that. I went in expecting to have to fight for it (that's probably not the best term to use at the moment !! ), but that's what they offered. Haven't all NY-Cairo flights been suspended anyway,? or did I mis-interpret that?

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,679 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egyptair refunds.

It's good to read something positive today (although it was negative reasons that brought it about).

I've got flights booked with Egyptair for later in the year and have been holding on optimistically but, the more the weeks pass by, I am becoming less and less optimistic of being able to get back to Luxor anytime soon.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egyptair refunds.

Gary H wrote: “Haven't all NY-Cairo flights been suspended anyway,? or did I mis-interpret that?”

I hope not. We’ve booked our tickets with EgyptAir, specifically because of very reasonable rates and non-stop service. If they’d cancel JFK>CAI route, I’d have to rebook through another destination, which would be time consuming and more expensive.

NJ
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egyptair refunds.

According to below EgyptAir web site news alert from today, all flights are still flying. I checked today's NYC to Cairo flight #986 status, and it's on time. I've also booked my JFK-Cairo round trip flights with EgyptAir for combination of good price and direct flight. I really hope things will turn better gradually in the next few months. I am going at the end of October and I really don't want to cancel my trip (yet) just because of the current situation.

egyptair.com/English/News/Pages/Travele6b850…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egyptair refunds.

I successfully cancelled my four flights online and received a confirmation email within 24 hours.

I tried a couple of times unsuccessfully, so I sent them an email and discovered I was putting in the wrong number in the wrong field. I was putting in my reservation number (all alpha) and was supposed to put in my ticket number, the wording on their cancellation form is not clear;)

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egyptair refunds.

EgyptAir is usually pretty cool about changes and refunds. Sorry to hear that wasn't the case for you, Jackie. And yep, the JFK flight is still running; had a colleague arrive on it today.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egyptair refunds.

My flight JFK-Cairo is in October. I will fly to Cairo in any situation(if the airport is not bombed) because I have another 2 countries to visit - Jordan and Israel. In the worst scenario I just ask Egyptair change days of my flight Cairo-Amman-Cairo, I hope that they will do it and I forget about my tickets Cairo-Luxor-Cairo.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egyptair refunds.

I just sent Egyptair an email:

Can you please tell me if, due to the current circumstances in Egypt, my flights are able to be cancelled with a full refund?

My e-ticket number is --.

If you could please let me know what options I have, that would be great.

Reply was:

Thanks for contacting Egyptair

Regarding your request, kindly be informed that our flights are currently on schedule and ticket rules will apply in case of refund or any changes requested.

If you would require any further assistance on the above information and arrange of booking or/and any future plans, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My fare is "economy restricted". So if I cancel, no refund - but what if Egyptair cancel? Will they refund? OP, what type of fare did you have??

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Egyptair refunds.

Egyptair are holding my money and we can rebook within 12 months of the date of cancellation for £50 per person plus any addition costs (eg difference in fare).