We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Nile Legacy

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Nile Legacy

My wife and I have booked to go on the Nile Legacy next year (God willing!)

Just a quick question to anyone who has been on that particular boat.

I was looking at the deck plan that I found online and can see that there are eight cabins on the Nile Deck. These seem to have much smaller windows than the rest of the cabins on the other decks.

We've booked with Thomson and were wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these cabins or knows if they're less expensive then the others? The brochure states that we will have a cabin with a large window with panoramic views of the Nile.

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

I have done quite a few Nile cruises on many different boats and although not on this particular boat, many of the boats are of similar construction, regarding deck layout, cabins, etc.

A cabin on the 'Nile deck' with far smaller windows suggests to me that this is a cabin where the very small window is literally 'on the water line'.

On many of the cruise boats these cabins are only used by crew members, although I have, in the past been allocated a cabin on this level and it is far inferior to a cabin on the higher decks, so SHOULD be substantially cheaper.

As the windows of these cabins are at water level (with the floor level of the cabin being below the water level) they obviously do not open and any 'view' is obviously very restricted from them, with much of the time the water splashing up against them.

There is also the 'privacy' issue with feluccas and small motorboats pulling alongside when the boat is moored up and the boatmen looking into your cabin.

IMO your cruise 'cabin time' will be greatly enhanced by being on a higher deck with a larger (opening) window.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

The beauty of a cabin on the water line is that is so much cooler .

hull
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

Hello, we were on the Nile legacy the day it was withdrawn due to the trouble in luxor. The only times these cabins were used was on arrival whilst waiting for your cabin to be cleaned. The rest are all above the waterline with double doors in order to take in the views. It's a fantastic holiday.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

Thanks very much. Just got to keep the fingers crossed that the situation improves before next August!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
862 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

I have also booked the Thomson Legacy for next year, February 19-26 - God willing!!! I am following the news extremely nervously, as this is a 50th birthday present for my mum, its always been her dream to go on a Nile cruise. So I hope the crisis will be over by the time we go...!!

6. Re: Thomson Nile Legacy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:21