We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
UK/Luxor
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson flights cancelled?

I heard today that Thomson UK have now cancelled all flights to Luxor until next Spring. I know for sure that November flights are cancelled, as friends have had to change to Egyptair. They were not notified by Thomson, but heard through a 3rd party. They have now rebooked and will get a full refund within 28 days. Not good though considering they fly in 2 weeks time.

Can I suggest that anyone with a Thomson booking double checks as soon as possible whether it is cancelled or not, It seem Thomson are not notifiying anyone until the last minute, thereby holding on the to money as long as possible, and then making customers wait 28 days for a refund. It could seriously mess up your holidays if you still wish to travel to Egypt.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flights cancelled?

Hi Elizabeth,

I booked a holiday through Thomson and was due to fly in February. They notified me of the cancellation over a month ago now and have refunded my money within 3-4 days, after I called them up. They gave several options - full refund, re-book another holiday to another destination altogether or another dest. in Egypt. When I asked for the refund, they were very helpful and did not try and force-sell anything. So my experience with them has been great - well apart from the obvious fact that I really want to go on the Nile cruise I booked, but that is not up to them.

Most of their Egypt holidays are back from next March, but that is subject to further review, depending on how the situation in Egypt evolves.

Regards

Timea

UK/Luxor
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flights cancelled?

My friends were flight only not a package. Wonder if Thomson were just waiting to see.

3. Re: Thomson flights cancelled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Luxor