We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free entry on your birthday

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Free entry on your birthday

The official website for the Karnak Sound & Light Show indicates "The guest who attend the show in the same day of his birthday will be invited for free"

soundandlight.com.eg/Shows/…Timetable.aspx

Does anyone know how to take advantage of this offer?

I will be visiting Egypt for the first time and will spend 8 nights in Luxor including my birthday (January 6, 2014). Are there any other "birthday offers" available in Luxor?

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

Richard

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free entry on your birthday

Vague isn’t it? You could of course take a printout of the relevant webpage and your passport and present both to the ticket seller on your birthday and hope for the best. The smart money, however, says you will be talking to a few officials before you get a result one way or the other.

Alternatively, you could try the “Contact Us” email address provided on the website and ask how to go about claiming your free ticket on the big day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free entry on your birthday

It is quite common to get free hotels upgrades, to suites, Nile view rooms, etc by making it known to the guest relations manager of your hotel (or cruise boat) that it is your birthday, honeymoon, wedding anniversary, etc. and you may also get complimentary 'extras' in your room, even a birthday cake.

As far as the Karnak S&L show is concerned, all I can suggest is that you perhaps print off the offer from the website and then turn up for the lightshow with your printout, as proof of the offer and your passport as proof of your birthday.

Good luck and Happy Birthday !

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free entry on your birthday

My other half and I took advantage of the free ticket offer on her birthday last December.

The person staffing the ticket booth didn't know anything about it but I insisted that the offer was on their website. I had to go into the booth and show them the webpage on their computer before they dished out the free ticket.

Taking a printout of the offer page might help, and you will obviously need your passport too.

The staff inside the temple couldn't have been nicer. They had been told via walkie-talkie that a "birthday lady" was arriving and we were ushered to the front of the crowd at each location and directed to the best seats for the finale.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Free entry on your birthday

Many thanks for the replies.

I think I'll take a print out of the web page in both English and Arabic (which appears to carry a similar message per google translate) together with my passport. Hopefully these should do the trick.

Richard

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
28,155 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free entry on your birthday

let us know how it worked out :-)

6. Re: Free entry on your birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 12:31
7. Re: Free entry on your birthday

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

8. Re: Free entry on your birthday

9. Re: Free entry on your birthday

10. Re: Free entry on your birthday

Edited: 04 November 2013, 12:31