We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it getting any busier?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is it getting any busier?

My wife and are planning to visit Luxor In March and are wondering if things are getting any busier with the relaxation of travel restrictions that many countries had in place.

Thanks for any info.

Vince.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it getting any busier?

Thanks ras2 ... It works out slightly cheaper to go Turkish Airline from Edinburgh into Cairo but my return journey would have a 5 hour layover at Istanbul. While the Blue Mosque is on my 'to do' list I don't want to do it when I'm tired but it has given me an option for later on.

Thanks again,

Vince.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it getting any busier?

Last year I got yo Luxor from Aberdeen via Heathrow/Cairo and again via Frankfurt/Cairo. Prices and flight times were very good. I an going from Aberdeen to Luxor via Paris next month. The same options are usually available from Edinburgh.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it getting any busier?

Vince there are two Turkish Airline flights on some days to Istanbul from EDI one with a short transfer time iirc.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it getting any busier?

ras2, I saw that thanks but it was the return that had the longer transfer and on the way back, I just want to get home quickly.

Algeodius, I have booked Edinburgh to Cairo via Paris and Cairo to Edinburgh via Amsterdam on the return with KLM. Flights cost £325.00 each so not complaining.

9 nights in the Sheraton for £460 BB NV Room arriving 13th March... Can't wait.

Vince.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it getting any busier?

I know of quite a few people going over for the 1st and 2nd weeks of March and people booking at the end of the month all to go to the Sonesta St George hotel as they are regulars there. Hopefully now Thompson have resumed their flights direct to Luxor (12th) there will be more tourists. Inshallah

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is it getting any busier?

Vince Thompson are resuming flights from the 12th March and I know a lot of people who are going over around that time. I'm sure you will have a lovely time irrespective of how many people are there or not.

17. Re: Is it getting any busier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:19