We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nile cruise 2014

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nile cruise 2014

Is it advisable?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nile cruise 2014

I booked one for Match, between Luxor and Aswan so I really hope so :) If it wasnt they would not be selling them. I had another one booked for February, I booked it last year, that one was cancelled following the FCO advice.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nile cruise 2014

My husband and I are booked on the Royal Viking with Discover Eygpt for a week from the 17th March 2014.

I will post a trip report on my return , and we are flying direct to Luxor from Heathrow with EygptAir after Easyjet cancelling our flights from Gatwick.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nile cruise 2014

I'll look forward to you report on your royal Viking trip as we are thinking of going back on it at some point soon. We went on it in April 2011 and it was fantastic, great crew and nice and clean with good meals. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Si

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nile cruise 2014

Many thanks, we are looking forward to it.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
24,514 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nile cruise 2014

I will - really, I should say I hope to be - be on the MS Hamees from Aswan to Cairo from march 25th to april 6th.

Has anyone seen her sail? I have been advised they may change the boat without notice and would like to know which ones are sailing at the moment.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nile cruise 2014

Tecd, a Nile cruise is great way to see Egypt and the temples between Luxor and Aswan. Make sure you spend time at each end of the cruise in those cities.

You should consult the Canadian Government travel advisory for Egypt before planning touch. Luxor, Aswan and the area between them is the only area advisable to go, when I checked a week ago.

Lechlade, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nile cruise 2014

Off to Luxor for a cruise on Royal Viking on 03 March. Will post a full review when I return. As per earlier post flying with Egyptair, I believe Thomson are starting direct flights mid March.

The Egyptair direct flight gets you into Luxor at about 11pm so we have opted to fly out a day earlier via Cairo and hotel overnight in Luxor - this means we will be able to board the boat at midday.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nile cruise 2014

Fayruz

It's a pity TA doesn't show your status as a DE for the NRV in the Italian TA!

This topic is generally about Luxor-Aswan.

It might be better with a separate Cairo-Aswan cruise topic on the Egypt or Cairo forums.

Unfortunately UK citizens can't travel between Cairo & Luxor at the moment. We did it (by road) just in time in June this year, just before the restrictions were put into place.

Your boat/cruise is illustrated here www.traveline-eg.com/CSP/Default.aspx…

Edited: 23 February 2014, 06:22
Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
24,514 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nile cruise 2014

@Elaref : I come here for "fresh"news, Italians mostly go to the red sea resorts and rarely cruise the Nile.

I am a cruise addict :-)

I booked with Egiptair all the flights and the cruise with a local agent.

I'll come back and tell you how it was, even if my photos won't be half as beautiful as yours

At the moment I'm in the mode "Egypt or bust!" and against all restrictions our government is putting on travel to Egypt, am determined to sail down the Nile even if I have to row :-D

I'll go and look at the link

:-)

thank you again

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nile cruise 2014

Sure it is advisable, this the best option to cover between Luxor and Aswan