We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Luxor

Hi,

Does anyone know of an agent in Luxor that I can book a hotel with direct?

Despite most of the hotels there having very little business,the uk hotel bookers are still charging too much.I would rather just get the flights from here and book direct with a local agent.

I did it before with an agent in Cairo,but have lost the details.

Any suggestions/help appreciated

thanks in advance

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Luxor

May I ask why you want to book through an agent and not directly with a hotel?? I would have thought direct a better option as you will be paying a fee to an agent?

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Luxor

The direct hotel rates are even higher than the uk agents as the uk agents book blocks of rooms cheaply from the hotel and then charge prices slightly lower than the hotel,but when I booked with an agent in cairo before it was far cheaper. Unfortunately the hotels wont give these cheap rates to individuals even though thay have very few guests,so they are losing out all round.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 12:53
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Luxor

Have to disagree with #2

But there are many variables to watch and at any one moment things can change. As with all things, booking as early as possible (or last minute) is usually cheaper.

We subscribe to Accors/Sofitel, and get e-mails with offers and are currently in Luxor, having taken up one of those, the day the FCO restriction was lifted.

Egyptians are also getting very good deals from hotels as they try to fill beds.

I'm sure you might get PM's from any that can do you a deal!

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Luxor

Have you tried any of the online hotel room booking sites such as Bookings.com? I looked on there yesterday and depending on what level of comfort you want, there were some good deals.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Luxor

ye I have checked trivago,bookings.com,hotels.com, travel republic etc and all the prices are around the same....

I think if there was a local agent in luxor or cairo I could get a better deal

thanks for help so far

anyone else got any ideas?

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Luxor

I doubt you will get any better deals with a local agent. If you use a local agent you have to also make sure you get a good one I have heard tails of people stranded in hotel lobbies while they have had to wait for an agent to pay the bill to the hotel before the rooms are allocated.

Try:

http://www.thomascookegypt.com/home.aspx

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Luxor

Have you noticed that tripadvisor has the option for hotel search? Offering more compatible fees to the front desks

luxor
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Luxor

I think it is better to contact the hotel directly, the hotel owners have fixed prices with the agents and booking sites, as business is low you can negotiate with the hotel direct and get probably the best price.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Luxor

Sorry nilevalleyluxor, but each time I have looked at doing this, the hotel came off worst.

Currently booked for the Pavilion later in the year, for 4 weeks B&B, via our bank (RBS) for £580.61 TOTAL. No way hotel could get near that. I have not found examples of the hotels dropping prices to get 'bums on seats'.

Return flights LHR-LXR were £457 each.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Luxor

eLaReF, I have to take my hat off to you! That is a fantastic deal on the room, especially if you consider that breakfast is included too and where you are staying.

If only I had some Scottish in me!