We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

We were booked for 17 nights in Cairo and Luxor in Sept/Oct 14 with Longwoods, but have just been told they have gone bust and are no longer trading. Hopefully we will get our substantial deposit back as it was on credit card.

Does anyone know of any other companies who can tailor make a 3 night stay in Cairo + 7 night Luxor/Aswan cruise + 7 night Luxor hotel package with flights?

I'm determined we are not going to lose our holiday! Thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
976 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Hi, thats a shame about your holiday, I hope you get your deposit back.

When I was planning a multi-stop holiday I contacted Kuoni for a quote, I emailed them with exactly what I had in mind and they taylor-made a quote for me. I opted for the Nile legacy cruise with Thomson in the end and with all the troubles in Cairo, I am glad I did.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
818 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Why don;t you just book all the bits separately yourself? You will probably save money and we always do this and have never had a problem. You can only really fly with Egyptair and you will already have details of the hotels/cruise etc booked for you so can just replicate that yourselves.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,174 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Jules Verne?

Good luck.

Regards

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,188 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

This was posted earlier tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297557-i9295-k7…

Kuoni (who own VJV) do customised tours, as do most of the others, once you get away from the likes of T Cook/Thomson

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,940 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Many will. You just ask to join the bits they offer together. It's surprising what they will do if you ask. I even asked 2 major companies if they could do a one way flight + holiday so I could join the best together and to my surprise they both said yes. Didn't sound like I was the first either.

Bad & sad news about Longwoods. I was hoping to use them. They've been around for many years and had it off to a fine art.

UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Long wood & Peltours both went bust around 2 weeks ago. It's so sad as they were great tour operators.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

http://www.discoveregypt.co.uk/

Try here they may have something.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Sad to hear about Longwoods. I have been to Egypt with them in the past and found them very good.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Agree with others re Kuoni - can definitely recommend them.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 09:19
Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Thanks for the responses and recommendations everyone. I hadn't noticed a similar post had already been made. It does seem a legit company "Holiday Designers" are doing their best to match what was booked with Longwoods. I'll let you know what happens! :-)

Get answers to your questions about Luxor