We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings' Valley

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
germany
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kings' Valley

Has anyone been to Kings' Valley in the last couple of weeks, or even better, the last couple of days and knows which tombs are open? I am currently planning a visit with a group in a fortnight and would be pleased if there was a chance of seeing more than only the Ramesside tombs which have been open for ages. Some Egyptian friends told me that there were plans of reopening Horemheb, but his might just be a rumor.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Kings' Valley

Apologies JC I thought you were coming over twice I'll have to ration the tea bags!!

You are quite correct about perception but the only perception I believe that is relevant to new prospective visitors is the "perception its not safe" all other matters such as open or closed tomb's taxes etc are not going to be a go no go decider.

Its basically the perception of personally safety that needs to be changed for many just about everything that was here before is still here.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Kings' Valley

I agree Ras, and that's the sadness of it - I don't believe there is anything unduly to worry about as regards safety as long as normal precautions that you should always employ home or away are followed.

You know me, I like a moan and il almost certainly be there later in the year as well!

23. Re: Kings' Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:15