We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel safety?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travel safety?

Not travelling until December but need to start booking accommodation, tours etc. I realise things can change in a matter of days but can anyone tell me what the situation is at the moment for travellers in Aswan, Luxor areas? I am looking at travelling solo and covering the main sights. Not sure whether a 3 day cruise is a better option for safety. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel safety?

Luxor and Aswan are very quiet and you will feel safe aside from the usual hassle. I returned from Luxor a month ago and never had a problem. If you want genuine Aussie travel advice please PM me with a phone number and i will gladly help you with advice and contacts if desired.

All the best,.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel safety?

Luxor and Aswan are currently safe, even Cairo is getting safer everyday as police is working really hard to restore order and safety.

Enjoy your trip to Egypt and as always plan ahead for everything:)

sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel safety?

Thanks to both of you for your advice. I am so looking forward to my trip.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel safety?

Knowing the situation now is not really helpful. It might be if you are arriving next week but by December things may have changed radically (for better or worse).

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel safety?

There has, and I hope it continues been nothing happening in Luxor for months there have been some problems in Aswan but this is between families and not the political changes.

R

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel safety?

I am in Egypt right now! Been here 10 days. Started in Cairo, flew to Aswan, went on a cruise to Luxor and now in Marsa Alam. This has been such a great trip. Super safe, people so nice, the locals are here to serve you. The situation is calm and will only get better. Come to Egypt...seriously!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel safety?

Luxor and Aswan are generally safe, no problems were reported there.

Wish you a nice trip :)

8. Re: Travel safety?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16