We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Booked a week's nile cruise on the Esadora plus a week at hilton hurghada plaza through classic holidays in September. After reading lots of reviews am worried that cruise ship and hotel will be changed to consolidate low bookings. Has anyone booked recently with classic holidays or stayed on either the Esadora or hilton hurghada? Also flying manchester to luxor via cairo with a 2 hour stopover, is this the norm? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

There can be no guarantee in this area but you may be lucky.

Im about to book on the Esadora which itself has replaced my usual boat of the last few years.

This boat is primarily used for Orbital travel bookings, im assuming that Classic have booked your places via Orbital as my usual agent does.

I believe this boat is the preferred offering (or is now since the Domina is no longer available) for All inclusive bookings. You don't have to be all inclusive but the chances are that this is the only boat in this bracket offering AI, if that's the case then hopefully other boats will be emptied in favour of this boat rather than the other way round, but I as I said, there are no guarantees in the current climate.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:11
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Thank you so much for that, however it has left me wondering just why we booked in the first place. Why can't travel agents advise before you book that the boat or hotel of choice cannot be guaranteed because of low tourist figures

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

It always pays to do your own research, Classic Holidays are part of the CO-OP travel group who are, as I suggested, probably or possibly booking via Orbital Travel, you wont know this until you get your travel documents I suspect.

It has been common knowledge for the last few years at least, that boats may be switched due to low bookings, I have not looked but I would be surprised if a company like CO-OP didn't point this out somewhere on their site or in their literature.

The reality of the matter is that the travel companies have little control over last minute changes, this decision is taken by the cruise boat owners who will be accepting bookings form different countries - there will likely be Germans, Italians etc on this boat.

The decision is often taken at the very last minute, quite often on the day the cruise is due to start.

A little research would have revealed this.

Like I said, if I have figured correctly then hopefully you will get the boat you booked, but if you do not, I would not worry too much, I have heard of few people that have had this happen complain that the replacement boat was not to their satisfaction and as I suspect you have never been on the Esadora or ever cruised the Nile before? You wont really have a comparison to make anyway.

Ive been on quite a lot of Nile cruises and never been disappointed, ever.

Try not to worry and enjoy your cruise - its a marvellous experience!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

As you say I am a complete novice to egypt and am grateful to hear from someone qualified to talk about these trips. You are right I should have done research on this,but foolishly treat this,like any other holiday; travel agents were taking bookings and told me it was safe to,travel so I booked in the usual way - chose boat and hotel I liked and presumed all would be ok. New to trip advisor also and now am really apprehensive for,this,holiday which is not my idea of an exciting experience !

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Hi, I don't understand why you are apprehensive?

Because you may not get the boat you booked?

Granted, it is an irritation but rest assured the replacement boat will be an equivalent or quite possibly better!

Its not like any replacement boat would have leaks in the hull or anything!

As I already said - I think there is a good chance you will get the boat booked.

Really don't know whats making you nervous at all.

And I would always recommend you do research wherever you are going - not just to Egypt.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 22:24
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Thanks, will bow to your. Experience and hope for the best

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Good Luck! - Do let us all know how you get on.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Orbital booked me on my choice of (expensive) 3rd party Nile Cruise boat, then transferred my booking at the last minute to the lower-grade (by their own classifications) and clearly less comfortable "Orbital Esadora" (do they own it?). No compensation. No apology.

Answer: book the boat you want direct. The boats are on the internet, they speak English, they take bookings by e-mail. There are direct flights Egyptair and I believe Thomson from UK to Luxor, the boats do the collecting at the airport and do the tours of the sites themselves, with coaches and guides. So what's the point of the middleman?

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

BE12_13 asked whats the point of a middleman when it comes to booking a Nile cruise boat.

Simple, middlemen like Orbital Travel do health and safety checks, they have offices in Luxor to handle any issues while in resort, they have guides and transport of their own high standard. Companies like Orbital Travel are bonded and have to answer to UK law. In the case of Ms Royal Esadora the boat is exclusive to Orbital Travel in the UK market place

It would be a very brave or stupid person to send their monies to Egypt on the basis of an email confirmation that their holiday was booked waiting for them.

Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nile river cruise and stay with classic holidays

Hi I live in Luxor city and it's very nice and historical ezadora is very nice boat and set in good location of the city and the not cancel any trip it's work all over last year I do taxi trip in Luxor and you can ask of any Thing you need to know