We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor-Cairo

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor-Cairo

Anyone know what flights go from Luxor to Cairo-is it only Egyptair?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Yes only Egyptair AFAIK, my flight cost 422LE for September.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Nefertari -- that is a good fare. Did you book in advance or did you just get it when you wanted to leave? Some of the fares i've seen were a lot more.

Thanks

donna

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor-Cairo

There's a little trick to getting to cheapest fares on EgyptAir.

Right at the very top of their home page where it says country, make you that you go down the drop down list and select Egypt.

Oh and always book in advance.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 06:25
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Previous post. Do you have any evidence for this claim? I think this was countered by egyptair a long time ago but it doesn't seem to have stopped people still giving it out as a tip. I have recently booked several flights with them and the price was the same regardless of which home country I selected.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor-Cairo

http://www.smartaviation.com.eg/Home/

Good luck you may need to call or email.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Julian

'Do you have any evidence for this claim?'

Yes.

Just tried it with Egypt as the country and I am offered 4 different fare categories - Best Offer, Good Deal, Fully Flex and Platinum with the pricing in Egyptian pounds. When I leave it as Worldwide only 2 fare categories are offered - Fully Flex and Platinum with the pricing in US dollars.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Riserasta, I booked mine at the end of July for September flights. Like i_Luv_to_Travel, I use Egypt as my country as it is a lot cheaper, at least it is from Australia. I have been doing that for years it meant a saving of about $80 on my two flights.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor-Cairo

I always get the best price option with my home country selected. Last time I booked was last week.

Strange.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor-Cairo

Nefertari, I had noticed that too that the flights were cheaper when using Egypt as your country. I am planning on taking a few flights when I am there next year so it would save me a decent amount of $$. Every bit helps! Glad to know that booking that way does work.

Thank you!

donna

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxor-Cairo

I live in the UK and I did the same as Nefertari (on her advice) when I started using internal flights, and she is right, it is cheaper.

I and my companions got our flights for the equivalent of half price using this method for flights we took in February and I intend doing exactly the same thing again for my next trip.