We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas

scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Visas

Going next week-I know price has changed -I normally buy visa from banks to the left. What amounts should be paid 1.. British Pounds 2....Egyptian Pounds

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas

I just read on the Sharm forum that recent travellers paid £15.

2. Re: Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 01:54
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas

If you can pay with Dollars its $25 does not change with the exchange rates, Dollars always handy if you visit the Duty Free shops here as they are subject to generous exchange rates. (Not generous to you of course)

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your update, sbboss, as I arrive in Cairo just over 14.5 days from now (HOORAY!!!!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas

i paid £15 pound in June

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas

If you pay in Sterling, then the price, as above is around £15 at today's exchange rates. But it will vary.

This is why the regulars on here say the price is $25 - that is fixed and using $s gives no chance for any shortfall in change, when paying by other currencies

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,774 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas

At the present USD/GBP exchange rates it should be around £15 and no more (Today according to Coinmill $25 = £14-85 / LE 178.76

scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas

cheers everyone for replies

9. Re: Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Luxor
Recent Conversations