We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

I know Steinberger is the best, but is it worth paying 200 pounds for the week over the Sheraton fo it.

Also between Pavillon Winter (not Palace) and Sheraton, whats better?

We are a family. Swimming pool and good crowd is important.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

I can't really comment about the Steinberger or Sheraton, but if you have a young family there's absolutely nothing to keep the kids occupied at the Pavilion Winter except for the pools, which are excellent, but there are no pool slides or play equipment etc.

Have a look at some of the reviews on each hotel, in particular the photos taken by travellers of the pool areas etc. to see what's on offer at each one.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

'and good crowd is important.'

I haven't been to Luxor for a while, but I don't think there will be too much of a crowd at most hotels.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

Thanks - and what about walking to other restaurants outside the hotel? Whats better.

Basically I can get Sheraton for 1100 pounds with tickets, stay and breakfast

Berger for 1300 with tickets, stay and breakfast

Pavillon Winter for 1300 - ALL MEALS

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

Although there is still a general lack of tourists in Luxor there are still many restaurants open catering to local and tourists needs. Taking all meals in a hotel has some advantages but it also comes with disadvantages too. Eating out, even with a family does not have to cost a fortune, and does introduce a greater choice when it comes to what you fancy eating on any given night.

You mention about walking to restaurants. If you are not yet familiar with the layout of Luxor and where hotels and restaurants are, have a look at the maps - see the Top Info list on the right.

'I know Steinberger is the best,...' I'm curious. What makes you say that.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 19:30
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

I cant comment on the hotels other than the Steinberger as I always stay there.

What I can say is that its very close to some of the popular and well known restaurants, its literally opposite two side streets that have a number of places to eat situated there.

6. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 00:57
Edited: 07 August 2014, 00:57
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

Reading reviews of the Pavilion, AI residents say in reviews that the food can be repetitive

See tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294205-d2996…

I also agree with Marlscat - It's not a Kid friendly area

P.S. I always stay there and will be there shortly for 4 weeks, so the above are not comments I like to make, but I feel they are true.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

For families I would think the Jollie Ville would be better. I have had people in the restaurant on All Inc recently who wanted "a change".

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

Thanks - I was about to book Sheraton which was cheaper, but then Steinberger became cheaper, by 150 pounds for the week, so just booked that - considering it is more highly rated on Tripadvisor and had more consistent top reviews.......

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton, Steinberger or Pavillon Winter

The Steigenberger is a good hotel but its not necessarily the "best". Everyones view on a hotel is subjective and depends on expectations and experience.

Get answers to your questions about Luxor