We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone coming out shortly?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone coming out shortly?

ACE have urgently requested that if anyone is coming out to Luxor, could they please bring some duct tape, as their supplies are very low. Duct tape is invaluable for many things and especially for wounds to the hoof.

Kim will always come and collect from your hotel, or Laura at The Secret Garden and Jewel of the Nile, will collect things for ACE.

So please, if you have a holiday booked, every roll of duct tape counts, please be a little angel and bring some out.

Many thanks

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

Hoping to be out by the end of September if not sooner, and will make contact and try to bring whatever fits in case :)

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
550 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

We are out end for Sept/Oct and already collected a load of leads and collars to take to ACE, so we shall bring some duct tape too! Thanks for the heads up Annabel!

Loughborough...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

Hi

We are coming out on the 22nd Sept and will gladly bring a supply of duct tape with us and will deliver to Ace.

Best wishes

Bill Timson

bill@billtimson.com

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
550 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

We fly out on 22nd too, from Heathrow, but have a cruise and 3 days in Cairo before we get to rest in Luxor :-)

We were also going to bring over some worming tablets and flea treatments - does anyone know if ACE can make use of those?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

Oh, yes please to the flea and worm treatments. They even take them if they are out of date. ACE have a wish list on their website of things they love to receive. Old dog collars and leads, flea and worm treatments, for cats and dogs, duct tape, sudocrem cream, towels. Kim will happily collect from you at your hotel, please don't just leave with hotel staff, or it might not all get to her. I find Egyptians love anything free, even if they can't use it!

It's good to hear of a few people going out for a visit.

Thank you for your responses. I think I will repost this in a month or two and hopefully some more people can bring a few items out.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

I am coming out on 3rd to the Nile Legacy. Is that any help?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

Yes, brilliant! You will be moored in Luxor, and spend some time there visiting sites. I will message you with Kim's email and phone number. If you let her know, she can come and collect from you. Thank you so much .

Dover, Kent, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

Will be at maritime Jolieville from 27th....will bring out what I can!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

I will bring some duct tape Annabel, I have some sudocrem already. Will be there mid September:)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone coming out shortly?

This is just such lovely news hearing people saying they are going out shortly. Plus they are taking things for ACE. It warms my heart. Thank you.