We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single traveller - help!

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Single traveller - help!

I am looking at going to Luxor next year for a week but will be a female travelling on my own (23). Any advise you can offer me? Hotels that would be good? I was thinking of the Movenpick as it sounds quite relaxing. How bad would the hassle be?

I have been to Egypt before, just not to Luxor.

The other option would be a nile cruise but not so sure as am a little concerned about feeling overwhelmed by couples.

Any advise you can offer would be appreciated

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single traveller - help!

LOTS of single people travel around Luxor - you'll have no problems on that front - Just be firm, stick to your guns and walk away if anyone does try to hassle you, however it should be noted that the majority of all hassle in this country is so polite that it can hardly be called hassle - It's more of a niggling 20 questions everywhere you go. Answer if you want to, or not if you don't! Easy! I've been on a number of cruises where there are lone travellers - and they seem to have a good enough time and don't look like Billy-No-Mates! The Movenpick is a good choice for a relaxing holiday destination - It's a little out of the town - but is connected by a shuttle bus and has very tranquil gardens and 2 lovely pools. You'll have a great time - whatever you decide!

England
Level Contributor
730 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single traveller - help!

Hi Julia you will be fine, if you decide on a Nile cruise most boats tend to sit people together at a table with others and so you will quickly get to know your fellow diners. The cruise ships arent dominanted by couples so dont let that put you off. You will have a great time.

3. Re: Single traveller - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 21:15