We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which room?

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
which room?

I am staying at the Sonesta St George in a few weeks time. Can anyone tell me if it's worth upgrading to a front Nile room and if so would a high one be better?

Mentioned in this post
Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor
Sonesta St. George Hotel...
1,641 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which room?

Hi Rowz,

If you really want a front Nile view then It's possible you will be able to upgrade on arrival & I expect it will be cheaper than doing it before you depart. But you have to consider availability also, we are now creeping into the high season. Most side rooms have a view of some of the Nile if I'm not mistaken. Side rooms on the left also overlook a local outdoor swimming pool. That pool is rarely busy though. Any room on a higher level would definitely give you better views I'm sure. Hope that's of some help.

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which room?

Hi Rowz,

Great choice of Hotel, we stayed there in August and were very pleasantly surprised. We did not think it would be as nice as it is because we got the room very cheaply. Like Iberis said we had a room on the fourth floor #427, a side view room towards the back of the hotel. We could get a very good view of the Nile from our balcony which was good enough

If you really want to upgrade, I think a higher floor Nile view room would be advisable because during the day the pool was always full and they have "entertainment" on the pontoon at night which may be noisy if you want to sit on your balcony.

Nefertari

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which room?

You get the largest balcony on the first floor front nile view. I stayed in the right end one ( the biggest balconey) The front nile views will probably be taken when you get there.

e-mail the hotel direct is what I surgest. don't get a room on the right side of the hotel over looks water tower, the left hand side is the sunniest. All in all the rooms are all the same and are you really going to be spending much time in your room.

I got upgraded because of an upset over a bag if it was'nt for this I woul'nt upgrade

4. Re: which room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 23:19