We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ol Pejeta or Selenkay in September?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Ol Pejeta or Selenkay in September?

Hello everyone!

I’m in the final stages of booking my adventure to Kenya in September. My girlfriend and I will be spending the last 3 nights at Porini Bush Camp in the Mara. However, the first 3 nights are still up in the air. We will be flying to the camps...so time wasted driving isn’t an issue.

The choices are Porini Rhino camp in Ol Pejeta or Porini Amboseli in Selenkay.

I’ve done more research and reading of reviews than I’d like to admit. And I’m more confused than when I started.

In its simplest explanation from what I gather:

Amboseli=Mt Kilimanjaro(if the clouds don’t obscure the view) and herds of elephants

Ol Pejeta=rhinos and a different variety of animals not found in Selenkay and Mara

This is our first safari and we want to see the highest density of animals we can. With variety also being important. Of course, seeing the cats is high up there as well.

Any and all opinions are more than welcome.

Thanks!!

1 reply
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Ol Pejeta or Selenkay in September?

You've researched well & know the facts.

Both Parks are great & quite different from each other. Ol Pejeta has a Chimp Sanctuary too & Amboseli has traditional Masai Villages.

Either toss a coin or extend your safari by another 3 days to visit all 3 Parks.

Good Luck

Reply to: Ol Pejeta or Selenkay in September?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted