We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cameras :-)

scotland
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cameras :-)

Looking for a new camera any good suggestions thanx

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cameras :-)

hi,

what exactly do u want it for and do and also what is your budget,i do a fair bit of photography so will advise as best i can. we use nikon d200 + d50 with 50-500mm,70-300mm and 28-100mm lenses and a fuji s5500 bridge camera.but it's taken a while to accumalate this,I recommend the fuji s9600 as an alrounder also does movies.

agy

scotland
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cameras :-)

Hi just a novice got a fuji basic, was lookin @ an olympic e500 SLR :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cameras :-)

I bought a panasonic DMC-TZ1. Excellent little camera 10xzoom

around £124 plus delivery from emily&lilystores on E-bay. You may have to watch a few to get best price. Should be £200+. Took on safari very easy to use.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cameras :-)

Hi,

The Canon 400D makes an ideal beginners digital SLR (I have one for my first SLR and it's fab and really easy to get to grips with with lots of online tutorials to get the hang of it)

They retail at around the £500 mark with an 18-55 lens. Many say get the body without the lens but the price difference is minimal so I went with the lens included.

Hope this helps.

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cameras :-)

Hi,

we have bought a Panasonic FZ 50. It is a very good bridge camera. I had the other option to buy a DSLR, because my obectives are fitting to this, but because of my experience with the dust and i am not a friend of changing the objectives, my decision was the bridge camera.

The most important thing is, that you get the chance to test the camera or to have a look how it feels in your hands and how it is to handle.

It is not so important what other people say because the most important think is how you think about the camera. It must fit to you.

Bye

Chrissy

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cameras :-)

Hi

This is a very personal thing I have spent the last 6 months reading every reveiw on every new bridge camera with 10-18times optical zoom.

I said that I probably would not by another SLR.

But after reading all of the lab tests about failings at full zoom and noise in low light I desided how many times are you going to photograph on Safari Why not just spend a little extra.

And so I went for a NikonD40X + 70-300 zoom And after taking some few hundred shots in exsperimentation in the last few weeks I am realy pleased i went this way.

As I said before Buying the right camera is a very personal thing.

7. Re: cameras :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 10:39