We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-visa payment failed !

Paris, France
2 posts
e-visa payment failed !
Save

I've tried to get an e-visa from http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html but all attempts to pay with my visa cc has failed, what are the other available alternative options ?

The Kenyan government has announced that it has suspended issuing all VOA since Jan 2021 and all visa applications has to be made online.

175 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
27 helpful votes
101. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

An option out of the visa payments is once you get to the choice of payment, choose the Bank payments option and once you receive the invoice, send it through to your opertor.in Kenya to do a direct bank deposit of 51 USD against the invoice. We have done it before and it worked and relieves of the too much visa payments nightmare.

Good luck.

Karanja

2 posts
102. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

I have tried five different cards on four banks from China while trying four different web browsers. The problem is still there, and I still can't get through the payment process. All my cards have 3D Security automatically on so I am really baffled about where the problem is...

2 posts
103. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Update here. I tried on Safari (I own a MacBook), and it gives out a different error code. Presumably, Safari not working for this. I tried on Firefox, and instead of putting my billing address in China, I put in my current address in Tanzania, and it jumped to the 3D Verification page. I tried the same thing with Google Chrome and it also worked. I don't know if this is related to the address I am putting in...

2 posts
104. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Had the same issue and tried my card 3 times. The best advice on this thread and only thing that helped: switch browser to any of the Internet Explorer browsers! Make sure to enable Pop-ups (in the broswer settings), so you see when the success pop-up comes. It worked!!

Edited: 1 year ago
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
38 reviews
62 helpful votes
105. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

I did my wife's application and the credit card went through, payment accepted and now shows in process. I did my application with the same credit card and it shows submitted (NOT in process), there is still an invitation to pay. Do I press the payment option again or do I run the risk of paying twice? Very confused!

2 posts
1 review
106. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Repeated failed attempts to pay using my iPad. Then my mate tried using his Samsung phone - immediate success!

Norway
1 post
1 review
3 helpful votes
107. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

I had trouble getting my payment through also. After trying 4 different cards (VISA Credit, VISA Debet and Mastercard) and 3 different browsers (Firefox, Edge and Chrome), it still didnt go through.

I made a last effort using my Samsung phone, and thankfully it went through immediately for both me and my wife.

I really hope they take care of this issue. When I was in Kenya 3 years ago, this was not a problem.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
108. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Ok... what i see on this thread is well and truly surprising.

Stats & facts:

- Applied for Visa 7 times so far (over the last two years)... all successful payments.

- Based in the United Kingdom

-Used standard Barclays Bank Debit Card (Visa Debit)

Accessed the e-visa portal using a laptop: Chrome & Microsoft Edge browsers

Last payment was yesterday (which is a bank holiday both in both UK and Kenya) using Microsoft Edge and Santander Bank Debit Card (Mastercard)

Payment was successful, and email received this morning confirming visa approval

Not sure why some people are having so many issues...

Mombasa, Kenya
1 post
109. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Hello, we had the same problem with an American friend but the other option was to deposit to a Kenyan bank account (We used Equity Bank) and have them pay the bill for you manually. This will need you to walk into a bank in Kenya pysically! It's the other long manual alternative that worked for us.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
100 reviews
52 helpful votes
110. Re: e-visa payment failed !
Save

Hello!

Just my own experience... It might help others...

Usually payment for a Kenyan e Visa works without any problem - in my own experience.

This year (a few weeks ago), I tried several times with my MC as usual but... didn't work. So I decided to use Edge instead of Firefox and, also, deactivated my antivirus and VPN. Payment immediately successful - e Visa delivered the same day.

???

Reply to: e-visa payment failed !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.