We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon safari

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon safari

Hi all again

Am now getting round to booking our post wedding Masai Mara safari (already booked Finch Hattons before wedding which is at Pinewood Village). Have been looking at Batleurs Camp and maybe Cottars or similar...has anyone got any experience or anywhere they would suggest. Ideal place would have small number of guests, excellent food and service, good for animal viewing and romantic. Will only be for a couple of days - either 1 or 2 nights and will be flying. Thanks

Natural World Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Roberto Toba Safari Kenya - Day Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Safaris
Dar es Salaam
Level Contributor
27 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon safari

I would recommend Little Governers

Stan

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon safari

Thanks for that - am waiting for a quote for Il Moran and Little Governors but quite fancy Mpata - anyone stayed there? Seems that Cottars has closed down now and Batleurs is far too pricey. Thanks again

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon safari

Il Moran is fantastic but not cheap at all, the mara safari club is very nice indeed, Stan has recomended one of the best

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon safari

Hmmmm..... thanks all of you.....wasn't expecting there to be a problem booking but have already ascertained that Mara Safari Club, Mara Simba and Mara Sopa all fully booked (end July/begin Aug) and Mpata have all their rooms out on an option until end June. Still waiting for a response from Governors though and Heritage (for the Intrepids). I was going to wait to book until I got there - glad I did this research first as am clearly going to have to book now as soon as I find somewhere! Thanks again.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon safari

Mpata Club has a great location but is far up on the ridge in western Mara, so bit of a drive when you want to get into the heart of the Mara... not that thats always necessary

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon safari

Thanks blackmambo - they have just let me know of a late availability....assume you have stayed there? Are the rooms good - they have a suite available and is it good for the game viewing i.e. is there a chance of sighting leopards and cheetahs etc...was spoiled last time as managed to see all and even baby leopards too! Do they offer game walks (think they are just outside the official park boundaries?) Many thanks!!!