We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2011, 16:23
Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

Its best to book your trip to the Massi Mara now as September is prime time for visitors coming to experience the wildebeest Migration. Accommodation and flights are very limited at this time of year so it is best to book before you arrive in Kenya. You should expect to pay from about 500 pounds for a three day trip from Mombasa which includes flights, meals and three game drives per day.

As for a Safari operator this is not very important if you plan to visit the Massi Mara as all your game drives are provided by the camp or lodge you choose to stay at. The safari operator will book your flight and accommodation and provide transfers from your hotel every thing else the lodge or camp will provide.

Some of the best places to look at staying at include Governors Camp (Luxury tented camp set on the banks of the Mara river) Mara Serena (a luxury lodge set on a hill over looking the Mara river) Mara Intrepids (another luxury tented camp set on the Talek river)

Hope this helps

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

I agree with Bruce that for September it may be best to book in advance as it's still migration season and you're choices may be limited if you wait until arrival. I don't know about flying from Mombasa, but I would expect to pay around USD 900 per person for a 3 night Masai Mara safari flying from Nairobi and staying at a mid-range lodge or tented camp in high season (prices can go way up from there depending on the camp). From Mombasa, the flight cost should be a bit more.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

We were going to wait until we arrived to book ours, but following advice on here we have pre-booked.

We have booked a 3 day Masai Mara trip flying out from Diani Beach nr Mombassa through DM Tours based in Diani Beach, who have come highly recomended. We are staying in a premium tent at the mara safari club, and the cost per person is about 580 euros.

Denis at DM Tours has made the whole booking process really easy for us, and we have done everything by e-mail so far.

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

Hi Bexter

I have read some goog repots on DM Tours,could you post his webb or email address?

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

sorry Goog should read GOOD!

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

D.M. Tours and Safaris

Tel/Fax: 040-3204015

P.O. Box 5490 Diani Beach

Situated at Diani Beach Shopping Centre

Email: dmtours@africaonline.co.ke or dianilink@wananchi.com

www.safariland-kenia.de

I have also booked through DM for my forthcoming (3 weeks on Thurs!!!) trip and can reccomend.

However, if you're thinking of going to Governors then you may like to consider Rose Kiponda at MSA kiponda@msa.privatesafaris.co.ke. They were reccomended to me by Governors themselves (as they cannot arrange flights etc) and their prices for Governors were exceptionally good.

Either of the above can arrange for flights to Masai or other parks from either Mombasa airport or fron the local Ukunda airstrip if you are staying in S Mombasa.

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

Many thanks for the address,I hope all goes well.Ppost your experiences when you get back I'm sure there wil be many people wanting to get your feed back

8. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2011, 16:23
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

Hi SarahAnne, I also booked through DM Tours after reading recommendations on this site, it has all been done by e-mail with no hassle and the accommodation at the Mara Safari Club is highly recommended also. We go in December and can't wait.

Denis Moser is based in Kenya at Diani Beach and we also got a good price, pick up from our Hotel, taken to Mombasa Airport for the flight to Masi Mara, full board and lots of game drives, flight back and transfer back to hotel.

Hope this helps

10. Re: 3/4 night Masi Mara trip from Mobassa?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 08 July 2005, 14:57