We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow fever jab -help please

afc
london
11 posts
Save Topic
Yellow fever jab -help please

We're off to mombasa soon and my friend hasn't had his injection for yellow fever yet, there appears to be a complete shortage of the stuff down here in surrey. I've been ringing round all the clinics in the area but they aren't getting their next supplies in until the end of september which is no use.

Can anyone advise as to possible solutions/ a clinic which has supplies???

Ta.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

I got mine in a travel clinic on Fleet Street in London. It was pricy at ��60 or so but I'm not taking any risks.

http://www.fleetstreetclinic.com/

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

I've just had the family sorted (five) by our local GP based in sutton,surrey with no problems

stoke on trent
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

yellow fever jabs not needed if flying from uk

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

Hi afc. I had no problem this time either and got mine done at local GP a few weeks ago for GBP40 each. I had same trouble last time as there was also a shortage 4 years ago. That time, I went to a MASTA clinic who had plenty of stock. Try http://www.masta.org/ to see if there is one near you. They do reccomend YF for travel to Kenya from UK....you just don't need a certificate (unless travelling in from an infected area) but am sure you have already taken medical advice - and further can be found on the Masta website too.

afc
london
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

thanks everyone for advice

much appreciated :-)

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

Just returned from Kenya, Yellow Fever is no longer required if arriving from the UK

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

Please all take appropriate medical advice or at the very least, read the Government health reccomendations (Links from www.fco.gov.uk - think the direct link is www.dh.gov.uk) in the UK. The above posters are correct - YF is not a REQUIREMENT - it is reccomended. None of the medications/vaccinations for Kenya are requirements when travelling from the UK - not even anti-malarials - they are all reccomendations but there are good reasons that these vaccinations/medicines are reccomended so please, please take appropriate advice. Sorry - not a lecture but am just concerned that people may not realise that just because something is not formally required does not necesssarily mean that it shouldn't be taken.

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

I totally agree with you Shelly,We had the YF jabs after advise from our GP.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

I'll go along with that - had the lot. If there's a recommendation, take it.

Surrey
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Yellow fever jab -help please

I'm in Surrey and had my YF done today. The practice nurse said they'd had trouble getting the YF innoculations as they are limited by quota.