We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Insurance

Cardiff
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Insurance

Hi

Everyone has been so helpful so far, I wonder if you could answer yet another query?

I have had a scout through old posts and can't find any up to date info on holiday insurance. Can anyone recommend a good holiday insurance company to me? There is so much choice out there and the prices vary massively. I don't want to pay over the odds but also don't want to be under insuranced.

Any advice appreciated.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Insurance

http://www.norwichunion.com/travel/

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Insurance

We also use Norwich union, never had any problems but having said that, not tried to claim for anything yet !

I broke a perfectly good camera last year by dumping it in the sea, I thought I could take some pictures while kitesurfing, bad idea ! well it was for mrs smudgers camera and my wallet, I couldn't put in a claim for that, Could I ?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Insurance

Thanks will have a look....oh and I meant under insured!

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Insurance

Norwich Union will get my business from now on as they were the only insurance company prepared to insure me for our trip in March, after the troubles.

wales uk
Level Contributor
491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Insurance

Hi There

We have always got our insurance with Go travel and we pay £98 yearly worldwide for a couple with all excesses removed and these also covered us in february when others would not try them at

http://www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk/

Hope that this helps

All the best

Jason

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Insurance

For me I've usually found the best 2 on the market are M & S Travel Insurance or Insure and Go - both have given me good cover on more than once and M & s even paid out

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Insurance

I'm with Tembo on this one, after the trouble they were one of very few who would insure you for kenya

Cardiff
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Insurance

I contacted Norwich Union today but found them quite frustrating. As this is my honeymoon I will be flying in a different name to my current name. I recieved conflicting information as to whether I should purchase the insurance in my current (maiden) name or my married name. My passport is post dated to the wedding day and therefore I will be using my married name on honeymoon.

I have written a concerned email to the company as obviously if my details are wrong this could void my policy.

Neither customer advisor after 20 minutes were sure under what name I should take the policy. But both were encouraging me to purchase even though they were unsure!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Insurance

my wife and myself use "insure and go" they are based in southend, essex. we have platinum package annualy, with no accesses

Wales
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Insurance

For years now i have always got mine from

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

never had a problem, dirt cheap, and the only time i had to claim they came up trumps.