We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya - Innoculations & Costs

Surrey
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kenya - Innoculations & Costs

Just a quick note to anyone who hasn't had their innoculations done yet, or bought their anti-malarials.

1) My wife got her prescription for Malarone, went to the chemist and paid £70. The practice nurse at my doctors recommended TESCOS and it only cost £52 there !!!! My wife wasn't best pleased LOL

2) We were both recommended different innoculations. My wife had meningitis and I was told I didn't need it. Anyone know which is correct ??

Thanks

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya - Innoculations & Costs

Also try www.chemistdirect.co.uk - supplies of malarone for 14 day trip cost us less than GBP45 each with free postage.

See following UK Gov link for reccomended vaccinations when travelling from UK: dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/…en

This shows that meningitis required in some areas/locations within Kenya - would query with your GP though.

Presteigne, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya - Innoculations & Costs

I've just called Tesco's and a box of 12 tablets is 27.50 or 55.00 for our 24 tablet prescription. For both of us this is 110.00 but www.chemistdirect.co.uk is only 99.84. We'll spend that 10 pound saving on a sandwich at the airport!