We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a better time of day to take malarone

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a better time of day to take malarone

is it better to take Malarone in the morning with breakfast, or evening with supper, with reference to reactions. Does drinking alcohol affect the efficacy of Malarone?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

I take mine with dinner along with copious amounts of alcohol - no adverse effects.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

Hi,

I usually take the two before you go at a time that I know I will be eating in Kenya, so I usually aim for breakfast because its the meal I eat at the most regular time. Lunch and evening meal can be all over the place. I also drink far too much Tusker malt and Pilsener. I've never had a reaction, and the doc never warned me off drinking with Malarone. (though he has warned me off drinking generally :^) )

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

Dear Doffcocker,

that was the best reply I have ever had - I nearly fell off my sofa! Thank goodness we can drink - given up everything else!

germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

You should take them with a dairy product otherwise they will not work as well. If you take them in the evening you can sleep off most possible side effects.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,427 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

You're advised to take with dairy products, so I take the tabs with breakfast where there's cheese, milk, yougurt, etc. Never any reactions.

Some choose to take with the dinner meal, hoping that is there are any reactions, they'll sleep thru.

Whichever you choose, it's not recommended to take on an empty stomach.

And, no reactions if drinking alcohol.

6. Re: Is there a better time of day to take malarone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 23:19