We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi

May sound like a daft question but what are the vehicles like for the transfer from the hotel to TBBC?

We went in the 90's and they were held together with chewing gum, the windows were jammed shut, the heat was stifling and the driver was smoking. In fact it felt longer than the flight.

It would be a nightmare transfer for kiddies but am hoping that the years may have made a difference...

Also, how long does it take to get from TBBC to Voi Lodge?

Thanks

Sharon

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

hi sharon,

we went from mombasa to TBBC in jan07 and the roads were awful but apparently they are much better now, as for the transfers i think it depends on the hol company, we flew with thomson and I'm sure the vehicles we fine and possibly with air con, dont hold me to that though! we are going with Somak in jan, who are you booked with?

We did our safari first and then went to TBBC, we visited Voi and i think it took between 2-4 hours to get to anywhere safari wise.

s

yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

They had started recarpeting the road from Malindi -mombasa last year just before the political problemes started, they should be through by now or may be almost done. From watamu to Voi should take approx 4 hrs to 4 and Half.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MomPEa3onPw

I love this bit of video on You tube - something to bear in mind when calculating the time/distance covered on Kenyan roads!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

As already mentioned the road has been improved as for the vehicles it will depend on which tour operator you use, Somaks vehicles are fine, if you are in a minibus expect to drop off other travellers en route to watamu, if you book direct you get picked up in a tbbc vehicle, which are great, as there is only 2 of us we always get picked up in a private car, we always get strange looks as part of the routine is sparkling wine at the airport before getting in the car ! last year it was at 8am ! this journey is called "the booze cruise", its much nicer doing the journey in an air conditioned car as well.

And now the road has been improved, we'll spill less drink, last year was probably the worst transfer we have ever done, the road was terrible, we'd never seen it so bad

5. Re: Transfers to Turtle Bay Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 07:21