We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways or Kenya Airways

Milton Keynes UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
British Airways or Kenya Airways

BA or Kenya Airways, which of the two airlines is best (economy travel). I'm not usually a fan of BA but I've never tried Kenya Airways - anyone flown with them?

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

I have not flown with Kenya Airways but hear they are good. I am by no means a fan of BA but if there flight was much cheaper tehn personally I wouldl go with them.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

I found Kenya Airways really good. Personally I have no major problem with BA and I think they do a good job but given the choice I think I'd go for Kenya Airways.

Pittsburgh, PA
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

I flew BA to and from Kenya and Kenya Airways within the country (just got back a few weeks ago). I found BA much better and more reliable. Kenya Airways was consistently delayed and disorganized, and from talking to the locals, that seems to be its reputation generally. Granted, in-country travel is more dependant upon local airports rather than international ones, so it's not totally comparable.

Devon uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

Hi JeannettesSD,

I have founf kenya Airsways to be reliable on time and offering a good level of sevice. Dispite ther reputation for over booking in 4 years I have never experienced a problem. I flew back with labrynthitis and was severly travel sick and they looked after me well. Can't speak up for BA as I have never used them.

Milton Keynes UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

Thank you everyone. I'm supposed to be doing what 'emmetmaroo', did but looks like Kuoni have muddled my booking and it's all Kenya Airways. Needed a few views to help me decide whether to insist on booking amendment or not - still undecided!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British Airways or Kenya Airways

I recently flew Kenya Airways Bangkok to Hong Kong () extension of their Nairobi-Bangkok flights ), they were using one of their new 777s and it was comfortable, superb in flight service by the cabin crew and great food. I would rate them over BA anyday especially the friendly Kenyan cabin staff