We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heartbreaking ....

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Heartbreaking ....

nation.co.ke/News/…index.html

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heartbreaking ....

How very dreadful. It's astonishing that the twins have survived.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heartbreaking ....

Dreadful situation and so sad. How can the twins survive on just water and glucose. No water, no crops, no food, starvation. It seems to be the circle of life in Kenya at the moment.

cumbria
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heartbreaking ....

i so want to write about how i feel about the news clip i read today,makes me sad so sad ,as i am going in november this year again been to the pound shop and have lots to take out with me,but now i wonder .kenya is not in a war zone,so why is what has happend to that mother happend ????????????

why why why.this kenya fourum could shout about why this happend.shout and all them that know how to use pc send it to them that matter,on a roll now,kenya is great and the goverment need to know that.we need help to change whats happening in kenya.

cumbria
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heartbreaking ....

?????????????????? going to bump this up

cumbria
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heartbreaking ....

shout out trip adviser its not right

Cambridge
Level Contributor
344 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heartbreaking ....

You are right - do we have another Zimbabwe? And should we be concerned by the rise in violence of the Mungiki - I hadn't realised there was an increasing problem!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heartbreaking ....

No words can describe this...anyone travelling soon see what you can do. Another bump!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heartbreaking ....

Sorry to bore you all with Kenyan Politics but this is one of the after effects of the Post Election violence last year, many farmers were killed and their farms & crops destroyed, so instead of the usual planting & harvesting of crops it has not happened, also there has been prolonged period of drought which has had a devastating effect on the production of crops, we have seen this first hand in the coastal areas north of Mombasa heading towards Kikambala and Kilifi. The cost of food has shot up so people who were just getting by cannot afford to feed their families now.

The one thing that does annoy me in the face of all this, many good people from the UK & Europe fund raise & try to improve the living conditions of many people who would otherwise die but all they meet is a minefield of red tape from officials which results in many walking away, taking much needed funds to other african countries where they do not have to bribe each & every person they meet !!!!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,326 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heartbreaking ....

Mary,

Add to that the deforestion issue which is adding to the drought problem, and the huge amount of land owned by the families of the president's and ex-presidents' families.

I always find it sad and a bit surreal that all these European / US Tourists who are here on holiday are making such efforts to keep Kenyans alive, whilst their leaders and chiefs use the situation for political and power reasons and fill their bank accounts. The latest example, and in the scheme of things trivial incidence of this being in the budget where the Finance Minister said official cars should be restricted to 1800 cc and the expensive cars sold of to make funds available. To which many Ministers have said they will not comply as the they can get around the country because of the state of the roads, I could understand that if they meant they needed an off-road 4wds, but most of them have got Mercedes saloons

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heartbreaking ....

Hi Doffcocker

I agree with you, if you ever sit in the traffic coming from Nyali in the mornings to Nyali Bridge you see so many Mercedes S500 & S320's just driving past the people sitting in the roadsides without a bite in their stomachs.

Are you still in Mombasa?