We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

Well I have quotes for day trips to Wasini, all saying its the same trip from Pinewood ranging from £70 to £115 each. From what I can see the ones organised by Charlie Claws site seen to be advertising the best boats and they are charging KS 9400, however some people recently back got the same trip booked through them for KS 6900. The company said they had made an error and this was the price for "locals" but when they insisted they were given the trip at that price???

Price for a day trip to Mombasa to include Haller Park, Lunch etc seems to be averaging £50 a person, would it be better to get a driver and car for the latter.

Sorry for my endless questions but from what I gather from some contacts its all stuff new visitors are wondering. Someone suggested just jumping on the local bus to Mombasa, now we use public transport a lot in Asia but would i cope on these local buses with a walking stick? Standing a long time could guarantee me to end up on my backside - not a pretty sight :)

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

The best Wasini Island trip [imho] is pili pippa

www.africansafariair.com/pillipipadhow.html

Harm and Selina are very experienced and they are ATOL KATO registered ..

as for the Mombasa day trip? use a local taxi much cheaper as you pay only for the car and not pp.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

Thank you I have emailed them about the trips.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

"The best Wasini Island trip [imho] is pili pippa

www.africansafariair.com/pillipipadhow.html

Harm and Selina are very experienced and they are ATOL KATO registered "

Three emails to the above no reply

Several emails to other organisers no reply ..... am giving up any chance of arranging anything before we go. Guess they only want to accomodate people going on proper safar trips not day trips, shame really seems to make one think they are not as desperate for business as is made out.

Guildford
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

Contact Pilli Pipa directly 'info@pillipipa.com'. They've always responded quickly whenever I've emailed them.

Also take a look at their web site http://www.pillipipa.com

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

Thank you Edna for the initial info and thank you so much for that latest email address Kenyaborn. I had a reply back in a couple of hours with lots of personal info on what I could cope with with my disabilities. Also very detailed info of the day out, step by step activity detail and prices which are really very competetive to all others i have found on websites etc. Im really impressed.

6. Re: Day trips from the South to Wasini and elsewhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:17