We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

I read somewhere on this forum that the Kenyan beach boys are not as bad as the Egyptian ones. I've been to Egypt 3 times, various locations, and apart from one experience have managed to deal with them quite well. I found most of them had a really good sense of humour.

Hoping to cope with the beach boys OK, as we do like a stroll by the sea. What's your experience?

We've already booked our safari with a local operator.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

On a visit to Egypt we found that the traders did not respect personal space. My husband had to almost push them away even to get them at arms length. We have never had this experience in Kenya. The boys can be persistant but not so 'in your face'

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

We spent a couple of weeks in Luxor at the beginning of the year and had minimal hassle from the traders compared with Kenya. We would walk along the Nile river bank of an evening and get plenty of offers for a Caleche, taxi , or felucca , but a quick 'La Shukran' and they left you alone, unlike Kenya where they don't seem to understand NO.

Rwanda
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

Have just come back from Egypt and found the Egyptian traders puppies compared with Kenyan beach boys.

4. Re: Beach boys versus Egyptian traders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 06:19