We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kenya airways?

poole
6 posts
Save Topic
kenya airways?

I have booked a honeymoon to africa next september and we are flying with kenya airways, i was just wondering what there flights are like, we usually fly with british airways i was wondering how they would compare. can anybody help?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: kenya airways?

Also, having re-read your website I find it astonishing that anyone would be foolish enough to hand over a bag containing a $1700 camera to ANYONE in Africa, regardless of whether they are airline staff or not. You keep your valuables with you at all times. You may be disgruntled at KQ, but this is not the place to air your grievances.

Kampala, Uganda
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: kenya airways?

Yes I am disgruntled alright at KQ, you got that part right.

Let me remind you this is an open forum and a free world, everyone is entitled to have their say as much as you do, further more it is not your place to tell other members what to do.

By the way next time your are boarding a KQ flight and your carry-on is taken away from you deliberately in a hurry, just remember to take your own advise. The other victims of the same crime and myself must be stupid.

You might be a travel critic but I promise you I can give you a good run for your money anytime when it comes to travel.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: kenya airways?

Wow, touchy aren't we? FYI, I don't use KQ. And you know nothing about my travel habits; I didn't realise travelling was a competition! How funny!

Good luck with your "law suit" against the airline. We have a saying on here: TIA. If it doesn't mean anything to you now, it will after years of battling to try and get your camera back ;-)

Kampala, Uganda
5 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: kenya airways?

Smart move not traveling with KQ, this was my first and last time as I didn't have a choice, I couldn't get a seat on any other airlines on that particular date, anyway I canceled the trip back.

I am not holding my breath about the lawsuit, the important part is the bad publicity I am giving them in the process and I don't mean only here in Africa.

Unfortunately when it's over, I probably will not be able to share the result with the world. On that day my website will go down.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: kenya airways?

Well done esp2010 you are doing a good job promoting KQ. Readers will read other reports, commendations as well as yours and make their own decisions. I fly KQ/KLM and have always been pleased. What sort of person hands over hand luggage? I thought the idea with hand luggage was that you looked after it yourself!!

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: kenya airways?

I flew with KA recently which was delayed a bit ,other then that it was fine services good pleasant staff. have just booked with them again so I am a happy customer!

17. Re: kenya airways?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 22:35
Kampala, Uganda
5 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: kenya airways?

Good for you! Keep been a happy customer, your turn will come and that day is probably sooner then you think.

Why don't you all broaden your horizon by doing a proper background search on KQ and read some of the horror stories about their customer care, in-flight services and pilfered checked -in and carry-on before ganging on me. You people actually just gave me a good reason to compile some of the complaints that I've read and post them on my site for all to see. You are incredible!

I didn't have much choice or the luxury of time to check on KQ before flying; What's your excuse? Why are you runny to KQ defense? I am starting to wonder!

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: kenya airways?

Remember you need to get permission from anyone to repost their comments.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: kenya airways?

FL410,

How did you manage to find his website? I can't see a link in any of his posts, was it in the post that was deleted?