We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for Nairobi

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Driver for Nairobi

We will be in Nairobi for one day before we take the evening train to Mombasa. We will also be returning for three nights in Nairobi at the end of our trip. We would like to hire a driver to see the Park, giraffe center, elephant orphanage, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation?

nyc
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver for Nairobi

Most all hotels have a Tour Desk that can very easily handle a day of sightseeing in Nairobi. If staying at the same hotel on return from MOM as on arrival, pre-arrange with them... day, where, fees. Be sure all entry fees are included in the rate provided.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver for Nairobi

I'm looking for a private, independent driver.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver for Nairobi

We booked a car and driver through Hertz in Nairobi a few years back and did the sights you mentioned. Go with a well known respectable company as Tom, Dick and Harry will all say they are professionals when in fact they are no more professional than my cat! No insurance, no licence, borrowed clapped out car and usually no fuel!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver for Nairobi

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver for Nairobi

I have also sent you a PM with contacts for two reliable drivers we use.

6. Re: Driver for Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 11:35
London
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver for Nairobi

Try diwaka safaris based in Nairobi,I have always refered them here for the Nairobi Excursions and gotten positive feedback. They provide you with a free guide just incase you need,contact joseph@diwakasafaris.com directly.

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver for Nairobi

Hi - I've also sent a PM with a driver name and recommendation.

Ottawa, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver for Nairobi

Can you please send me the name and email of the driver you recommend also?

Maine
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Driver for Nairobi

I also need a car and driver in Nairobi for a day. Please send any recommendations. Thank you.