We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I'm just curious. I have a VERY reputable Kenyan outfitter asking me to pay more because of recent exchange rate fluctuations between the Sterling pound and the US dollar. Their e-mail states that my bank used a "very bad exchange rate" and have asked for additional funds. I wonder if customers are ever given refunds when the sterling pound weakens relative to another currency such as the USD?!?!?!?! When paying thousands of dollars for a safari I know this is a petty amount but it just turned me off. Has anyone else had this issue?

PS And I don't want to name the outfitter b/c I like their sales person, I was just more curious than anything.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

DonnieKat,

Depends with different organizations,some will follow to the last dime,others give it an oversight especially the one to four...Am yet to find if any reciprocates your experience.....i bet the reason to use foreign currencies is to make it easier for the clients.......

Cheers

John

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

Thanks for the response John. Sales is going to follow up with their Accounts Department after the holiday.

Since my invoices were in USD, I still don't understand how I could owe more. I guess we'll find out next week.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I don't know for how long previous exchange rates are available for comparison on those Foreign Currency Exchange sites... would suggest you compare the price in USD vs GBP when you booked, when invoice was sent against that on the day you paid.

Currency does fluctuate, but can't imagine that much for operator to be requesting that much more money... possible fluctuation should be built in.

And if the rate goes down, does that mean you get a refund?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I don't understand either.

You were quoted in US$ and paid in US$ so where does ££ come in to this? Tell them to take a hike!

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

We were quoted the price of our Safari in US Dollars last year (over 10 months ago to be precise) and that is the price we pay. It so happens that our Safari company accepts GBP as well as the Euro and it works out much cheaper for us to pay our balance in GBP than to pay in US Dollars (£50 cheaper), which we will do after our arrival in Kenya in 4 weeks time. This is because they have used the bank rate to calculate the amount in GBP. We would have got a much lower rate if we had to exchange our pounds into Dollars here in the UK first, so we are very pleased.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

If you are quoted in a currency ie: USD then that is what you pay. One Hotel we booked had two quotes one in GBP for its English customers and one In USD for the rest of the world. We paid in USD and paid into there USD account in Kenya. The USD was going up and down a lot and we weren't asked to pay anymore.

The USD hasn't been doing too well lately, but any company can't suddenly decided to change currencies if the USD is not faring as well. They should have these costs factored into there costs when they quote.

How could your bank use a bad exchange rate? Sounds a bit of suss to me.

You certainly would not get a refund if it was in there favour. They would be hoping it went in there favour to make more profit.

Hope this works out ok for you..

Good luck

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I quite agree with what the others are saying here. When I book a safari in Kenya it is quoted and paid for in dollars. That's a bit of a pain for me as I do rely on the prevailing exchange rate at the time of payment but when I ask my bank to transfer xxxx amount of dollars that is exactly what ends up at the other end. The only thing that is deducted is the receiving bank's fee, up to now this has been $20, so I up the amount I send by this. There are no exchange rates involved from leaving one bank and hitting the other, it's paid in $, it's received in $, end of.

I would certainly question where they are comng from. it seems a lot of rubbish to me. I'd like to hear from you as to what their answer is though.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I agree. There is something amiss here and I would like to hear the answer too.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I was told today is a public holiday and they would be in touch on Monday. I'll keep everyone posted.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone had problems with exchange rate fluctuations?

I figured everyone has been so helpful on this board that it was worth closing the loop on this one. I was told today that the charges would be 'wave(d)' after further evaluation. Looks like I raised a stink over nothing.

I'm still turned off that they attempted to collect the $$$ from me, but at least they didn't pursue. Thanks for the feedback.