We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air balloon trip

Katwijk, The...
Level Contributor
58 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
air balloon trip

Please could anybody tell me where to go for air balloon trip.

It must be very special to do this. I know it´s expensive but it must be worth it to look at the nature and the animals from above.

We go in February next year to Samburu, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara and Amboseli for 9 nights.

Very exciting because it´s the first time for us to come to Kenya.

Thanks for your information, this forum is great!!

It helped me by choosing tented lodges in the camps.

Hope that someone can help me again.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air balloon trip

If you will be in the Masai Mara then that is the best place to take a balloon trip. They are also on offer from one location in Amboseli but, from experience, I would recommend the Mara flights. Your balloon departure point will depend on where you are staying, as there are several take-off points scattered around the Mara. It should cost you between $400 and $450 per person, no more. The average is around $435.

Safari njema,

FL410

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air balloon trip

speak to your booking agent and find out what price they can offer you and then compare it to the price offered directly by the camp by checking their website.

it can be expensive but extremely well worth it!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air balloon trip

We took ours in the Mara. It was amazing, very expensive, but amazing. We went with Balloon Safaris Ltd. We paid $450. May depend on the season. We went in October. Our driver/guide took us directly to this company the day before our flight. Since you are picked up at around 4:30 a.m. you need to do all the paperwork at least a day ahead of time. It may be that certain tour companies work with certain balloon companies, but the above company and Captain Elly were fantastic.

Have a great flight !!

4. Re: air balloon trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 06:23