We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari companies for Kenya

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Safari companies for Kenya

Good evening. I know you all know i have posted many things about TAnzania on trip advisor. I am still researching and brainstorming for best trip. I am looking for best bang for buck too. I know Tanzania is amazing, but i like to check out options for Kenya as well.

I read the Masai Mai is supposed to be amazing to visit.

What are best outfitters to look at that deal with Kenya?

For safaris. I am having trouble finding good ones at this time.

Thanks. what do you all recommend?

Natural World Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Roberto Toba Safari Kenya - Day Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Safari Kenya Watamu - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Perfect Wilderness Tours and Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
1. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 18:05
edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

Personally we use Ferdinand Mwangwa of Beach Air Tours and Safaris on the South Coast of Diani at Barclays Centre. Fair prices and reputable - has a lot of contracts in the Mara and Tsavo East and West.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 13:47
Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

Hi

Do you mean to book your whole trip (inc flights etc) or just the safari part?

If its just the safari then drop Glorious Safaris a line and I'm sure Shadrack will be able to cater any kind of package around your needs.

We're just back from safari with this earlier in Feb and TA have just posted by review so you can have a look at what others have said about them too:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g294210-d1…

Leeds

Charlotte NC USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

Sir,

My wife is an airline employee, and our family has traveled to many places in the past 25 years. We’ve had many great experiences but nothing compares to our experience with Matthew and Raylenne Tours, July 31 – August 13th 2011.

Using Raylenne tours was the best decision we have made in our 25 years of traveling! When we planned our trip to Kenya we asked Matthew, the owner of Reyleen Tours, if he could work with us as stand-by passengers since my wife works for an airline, and we might not arrive on the day our Safari was scheduled to start. He promised to work with us. We had a family medical emergency while in Nairobi; our son had an accident in Johannesburg on his way to meet us and he had to be under a doctor’s care for 4 days before arriving to Nairobi. Matthew was extremely helpful, calling us every day and coming to our hotel at 10:00am every morning to meet us and to make sure we have everything we need. The start date of our safari was delayed due to our son’s accident, but Matthew worked vigorously to assure all of our hotel reservation would be honored.

Our driver (James) was also incredible! He was very knowledgeable, responsible and contributed greatly to our positive experience with Raylenne Tours.

I would recommend Reyleene tours to everyone planning a trip to Kenya or Tanzania.

Not only I am sure that you will appreciate their services, I am sure you will recommend them to others!

I would also recommend staying in the Sopa lodges. These lodges are beautiful, very comfortable and modern, and the service is fantastic!

Feel free to contact me for further information.

Gil

5. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2011, 08:05
Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

I do not know many tour companies in Kenya; I have however been in Kenya three times in different years. This year 2011, between July 17th and August 8th i used Delta Alfa Car Hire and tours. I had the best time of my tour in Kenya. I hired a 4WD with them for 21 days; reserved hotels with them to over four national parks, Maasai Mara; Mt. Kenya; Amboseli; Tsavo west and finally coast. Everything was well arranged and the Rav4-4WD gave us good service. Finally while at Mombasa, we called Daniel our consultant and contact man with Delta car hire, to come and pick the car at Mombasa since we wanted fly back to Nairobi to connect to our flight back home. He came over and even dropped us the following day to Mombasa airport for no extra charge. The service was really good and upto our expectation; I and 3 other friends were happy and would recommend any one to that company both for Car Hire service, safari planning and booking hotels. Customer service, well appreciated! Thanks.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

We booked a 3-day, 2-night trip from Nairobi to Amboseli, with East Africa Shuttles & Safaris. We were NOT satisfied and caution all of you to avoid these guys!! The van was dirty and in bad repair. The driver did not provide us with water (as was promised) until I insisted. The binoculars (promised) he had were broken. No game book (as promised). He didn't seem to really know the park, and was eager to get back to our lodge as quickly as possible after each game drive. The van broke down (clutch went out) on the drive back to Nairobi, and what should have taken less than four hours was more than TEN, much of it either hanging around incompetent village mechanics or fearing for our lives on the Nairobi-Mombasa road in a vehicle which was NOT road-worthy. To top it off, I suspect that the company misused my credit card information (used for the deposit), and my card had to be blocked and replaced. Do NOT book with EAST AFRICA SHUTTLES!!

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

While I've visited Kenya many times for business and for tourism, I've never experienced such an imaginative, well-informed, safe, cost-conscious and personalized tour as I did earlier this year (2011) with Robert Gathu and his Trekking East Africa & Safaris company. As I'd wished to visit prime tour locations such as Mount Kenya and the Masai Mara reserve, I had also wanted to get a bit "off the beaten track" and had excellent success in doing both with this company while also in having great fun doing so. I still think about Robert's bravery, skill, patience and encouragement in getting me up the super-challenging slopes of Africa's 2nd highest mountain to see the world's most astounding sunrise but also about his personal care for and understanding of the many native cultures and peoples we met and visited with along the way. In summary, WOW! The memories of this last trip will always be my most favorite Kenya memories of all.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

Has anyone used SITA World Tours? We are considering either the Masai Footsteps or Kenya Highlights tour with them in November. Thank you for any information!!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Safari companies for Kenya

Check out the KATO site at www.kato.com

Lots of tour operators there with ratings.

As with Tanzania, as you've found... depends on when traveling as prices are seasonal. Your budget, total number of days, type of accommodations... will always vary. If I recall, you're on a rather tight budget.

Send same request to a few outfitters, whether those others have suggested above or found on Kato. Start with 4-5 and see what they recommend and prices. Go from there.

Good luck!