We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Berlin, Germany
4 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Hello,

next week I am going to Kenya.

I have been a couple of times to mtwapa, north-coast and unfortunately havent had the chance to rent a room at a reasonable price.

As I plan to stay there for about 2 month I would like to rent some kind of self-catering accomodation, which could be in mtwapa but just aswell in the area (e.g. nyali-beach).

Any advice on accomodation and also what activities can be done there without paying plenty money would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your interest in this message anyway

Heidelberg
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Thx Gentlemen; email adresses of the apartment owners

would be nice

Cheers

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Here is a complete list of hotels/lodges in Mtapa

mtwapa.info/apps/…4890339-hotels-lodges

Consider also Hibiskus

http://hibiskuslodge.com/

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
439 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Try Kerstin's Apartment in Mtwapa. I never stayed there yet but we had a few guests who liked the place. The current rate should be 1200 KES/night (room only).

http://www.kerstinsapartments.com/

Heidelberg
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Thx; but Kerstin is far away from the road; you need a car

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
439 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

It should not be more than 15 minutes from main road. Just take a motorbike taxi there (50 KES). Anyway, it's up to you but we will stay there next time when we are coming South.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,326 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Kerstins is 15 to 20 minutes walk away from the main road, they have a pool but the apartments are small more like a studio.

Luck are one of the best apartments currently on offer in Mtwapa, decent size, reasonably furnished, decent security and a good location.

Hibiskus, does not have as good a reputation, it is a little past Luck on the way to Kerstins

Nairobi
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

Thank you for the information on Lucky Apartments Doffcocker. How can I get a contact?

18. Re: Accomodation North-Coast esp. Mtwapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 10:22