We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Africa

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Africa

Hi

My husband and I are planning to travel to Africa in Nov - Dec this year. Since it is our first trip need some help on making a 8-9 day itinerary.

Hope Nov- Dec is a good time to visit Africa- We will land in Johhanesburg, stay for a day and then move to Capetown for a couple of days. Does it make sense to visit Joburg or should we skip it- also which safari should we take- Does it make more sense to travel to Kenya for a safari or should we stick with Kruger Park?

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Africa

This forum is for Kenya. Better you post on the South Africa Forum.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Africa

Go to the Africa forum and post to South Africa forum.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,646 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit to Africa

It makes no sense at all.

Kenya is half way back to London from South Africa. If you have the tickets to JNB then stick to South Africa. Kruger is OK but you could visit other Wildlife areas such as Addo or some of the many private concessions in Kwa Zulu Natal.

If you have yet to buy your plane tickets then save some money and miles and fly to Kenya or Tanzania for a better experience.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit to Africa

If it's your first time in Africa, you might want to look at this;

…wordpress.com/planning/first-steps/

Richard

5. Re: First visit to Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2011, 17:42
Camberley UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit to Africa

Hi Shiulee, if you have your flights booked I would definately go to Kruger if its your first Safari in Africa I am sure you will be blown away, its very easy to self drive Kruger and it is so exciting finding things on your own for the first time, You may see more on an orgainsed tour but I found it was not as exciting as doing it on your own, also Kruger is very reasonable. If you like it then you can go to Kenya but thats more difficult to do on your own. Have a wonderful time Annette

Camberley UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First visit to Africa

Hi Shiulee, if you have your flights booked I would definately go to Kruger if its your first Safari in Africa I am sure you will be blown away, its very easy to self drive Kruger and it is so exciting finding things on your own for the first time, You may see more on an orgainsed tour but I found it was not as exciting as doing it on your own, also Kruger is very reasonable. If you like it then you can go to Kenya but thats more difficult to do on your own. Have a wonderful time Annette

8. Re: First visit to Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 01:19