We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Airways (KLM)

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya Airways (KLM)

Hello

Just discovered the phenomenon of "codeshare".... a KLM flight code but really a KQ flight!

Has anyone ever flown from Amsterdam return with Kenya Airways to Nairobi?

What was the flight/experience like? I recall one post a few weeks back saying the in-flight entertainment NEVER worked but the service (drinks) was great. Is this common on all of their flights?

Looking at flying from Leeds, which will require a transfer in Amsterdam.

Cheers,

Leeds

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

Leeds,

Depending on what you have seen in Nairobi previously; my personal plan would be, get up late, feed the tall ones at the Giraffe Sanctuary, early dinner in Carnivore, a couple in the bar at the airport……….and sleep for the whole flight!

I, just like mfuwe, have never been late for a flight, I think on the whole the traffic issue is grossly exaggerated; plus with Carnivore, you are on the right side of town for Jomo.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

Hmm, thanks guys. "food" for thought.

the plan is to get into Nairobi the day before the flight, could be either late morning or early afternoon.

I only have a plans to see the museum (plus snake park), shopping at a Nakumatt and a meal at an indian restaurant. We've fed the lankies in Haller Park this year and also visited the elephant orphanage at Voi too so this kind of thing is appealing to us - might change.

I wonder with this limited number of things if the late flight is even warranted...

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,200 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

Depends on priorities I suppose. I don't "do" towns so will come into Nairobi from up country and go straight to the airport (via a bar). That way I max out on Wildlife and avoid City prices and a soulless Hotel.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

I was thinking of this too, Mfuwe..... we'll be arriving from the Athi Plains area so maybe we could do this limited itin before catching the late night flight therefore removing the need for even spending the extra money for a night in Nairobi...

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,200 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

Coming in from Athi direction makes sense in more ways than one.

Better location for your lodgings.

If it is that place you told me about. No contest!

Miss out on any traffic problem as you are nearer the Airport anyway.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

yeah it is, mate :)

the things is... we're leaving that place to visit the city centre for the aforementioned things so have no choice. it'd be a waste of if that wonderful place to use it to come back to after popping into the city, in my opinion.

Maybe we could stay there instead of the centre of Nairobi though is a tad more expensive

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,200 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

Well that would work OK.

Arrive in City, do the Nakumatt (although surely Asda at home would do?)

Museum? Nice meal and head for Airport. I did hear of a nice "Indian" not far from Airport which would then place you well for the last lap.

As you say no point in going back to Athi once in City.

18. Re: Kenya Airways (KLM)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 18:17